1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

News: DC.com: Tough To Judge Robinson's Market Value

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

18,670 Messages
    2,253 Likes Received
    Tough To Judge Robinson's Market Value
    Posted by rphillips at 1/12/2012 1:14 PM CST on dallascowboys.com

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/r...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

IRVING, Texas -- Don't really have a feel yet for what the market might present for outside linebacker Anthony Spencer, the most significant free agent on the Cowboys' roster.

There's similar uncertainty regarding wide receiver Laurent Robinson.

Robinson, who turns 27 in May, had been a part-time starter in four previous seasons with the Rams and Falcons. He has 15 career touchdown catches, 11 of them coming from quarterback Tony Romo in 2011.

Not bad for a guy who got cut by the Chargers at the end of training camp and signed a one-year minimum deal with Dallas just before the season. To me, he became Patrick Crayton 2.0 -- a perfect No. 3 who gained Romo's trust and beat single coverage created by the presence of Jason Witten, Miles Austin and Dez Bryant...
  2. thebigeasy88

thebigeasy88 Active Member

310 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    He MUST be a top priority to re-sign. Loved this kid and his passion for the game.
  3. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's destined to become the next over-paid, over-rated Cowboys wide receiver if the pattern continues.

The Eagles and Giants have drafted WRs for their QBs, and they drafted them high. Dallas has drafted one high, their best one.

Not drafting Denarius Moore in round 5 was a big mistake in 2011.

Not drafting Robert Meachem was an abysmal mistakes in 2007.

Have fun over paying for another WR.
  4. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,138 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    Hindsight drafts are always perfect.

Pretty much no one is a mistake in the fifth round of the draft. They are all gambles of one sort or another.

In other words, I feel your draft analysis is a bit wanting.
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dude stop overrating Meachem. Saying he's better than Miles was ridiculous enough, but you're acting like he's this great player. In reality he's an average reciever who benefits great from playing with a superstar QB in Brees.
  6. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

8,170 Messages
    1,634 Likes Received

LOL what? So everytime we miss on a player its a "big mistake"?

If he's overpaid so what? He deserves a nice pay day for the season he had last year and someday someone will overpay Moore and Meachem so what's the problem?
  7. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

8,170 Messages
    1,634 Likes Received
    I remember it wasn't too long ago when Meachem didn't even know the Aint's playbook and couldn't get on the field. Personally, I don't even think the guy is the best receiver on the field and i'd take Moore and Colston over him without a doubt.