1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!
  2. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: DC.com: Whalen cut; Bryant back; Hutchinson to be cut/traded this week; Crayton sign

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Dale, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

5,165 Messages
    605 Likes Received
    Surgery For Woodson; Bryant To Camp

DallasCowboys.com
    July 26, 2004, 3:00 p.m. (CDT)

IRVING, Texas - Cowboys owner Jerry Jones made several announcements Monday afternoon, confirming Darren Woodson would indeed have surgery in his lower back and that all went well during Monday's meeting between Bill Parcells and Antonio Bryant, who will go to training camp with the club on Thursday.

Also, the Cowboys will make a couple of roster moves as early as today, signing seventh-round picks Patrick Crayton and Jacques Reeves and that Chad Hutchinson would either be traded or released this week. More details to come.

=====

Here's the version on the front page with the Whalen information

Jerry Jones made several announcements Monday, confirming Darren Woodson would indeed have surgery in his lower back and that all went well during Monday's meeting between Bill Parcells and Antonio Bryant, who will go to training camp with the club Thursday. Also, the Cowboys released Willie Blade and James Whalen and signed rookies Patrick Crayton and Jacques Reeves. Also, Chad Hutchinson will either be traded or released this week.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,305 Messages
    6,824 Likes Received
    I wonder if they indeed are working on some kind of trade with Hutch....as word was he would be released by 3 today.
  3. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,872 Messages
    1,043 Likes Received
    I think that as they sign draft picks, they need to cut players loose to make room for the recent signees. Sign Reeves, cut Whalen, sign Crayton, Cut poopey pants. Whoever signs next, means Hutch or someone else will be let go.

Hopefully we can get a sack of potatoes and a can of chef boy ardee ravioli for Hutch......
  4. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,698 Likes Received

<DallasCowboys.com
    July 26, 2004, 3:00 p.m. (CDT)

IRVING, Texas - Cowboys owner Jerry Jones made several announcements Monday afternoon, confirming Darren Woodson would indeed have surgery in his lower back and that all went well during Monday's meeting between Bill Parcells and Antonio Bryant, who will go to training camp with the club on Thursday.

Also, the Cowboys will make a couple of roster moves as early as today, signing seventh-round picks Patrick Crayton and Jacques Reeves and that Chad Hutchinson would either be traded or released this week. More details to come.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,305 Messages
    6,824 Likes Received
    When I was a younger single man living the bachelor's life...that was the food of the gods lol.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

55,187 Messages
    7,823 Likes Received
    Don't forget the beer!!!!!!!
  7. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Don't ever think a case of Schlitz 16 ounce bar bottles is a bargain at $5.99.
  8. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I may be wrong, but with Hutch going to NFLE, does cutting him really clear up space with the roster exemption? He'll be cut, but I don't think it's to clear a space, just a waste of space, lol.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

55,187 Messages
    7,823 Likes Received
    That is a brain cell killer type of beer.