1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: Why is there NO emotion from Jason Garrett?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Faerluna, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,143 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=8AF1F815-F39C-2F99-D1CCAAD2F61B4B94

Rob Weber asks ... Why is there NO emotion from Jason Garrett? He needs to lead this team and kick some butts when need be. Not just stand there.

Here's a common misconception among fans who see Jason Garrett in the press conferences and believe the guy is made of wood. He's actually pretty fiery on the practice field and in meetings, especially compared to the demeanor of his predecessor. He does lead the team. He does kick the butts, so to speak. He's a motivator, and he asks more out of the players from a physical standpoint in training camp and practices than most coaches around the league, I think.
  2. mgcowboy

mgcowboy Active Member

1,070 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Did Landry have/show any emotions? people/media do whatever it takes to fill pages/websites

:cool:
  3. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The "emotion" function in his motherboard shuts down when the battery is low to conserve energy.
  4. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not totally emotionless. He laughs a lot and pats guys on the helmet, but seldom gets mad.
  5. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Its not part of the process. :D
  6. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,416 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    It's a process. You start with a smirk :cool: and stack a smile :) on top of it. Keep stacking smiles :) :) :) until one day you have a full blown grin :D
  7. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,375 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    :laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:
  8. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I like his calm demeanor on the sidelines.
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,141 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    I don't like or dislike it. It it what it is but being a complete droid regardless of what is happening is frustrating, IMO.

That's why I liked him getting out there and calling the refs out for that grounding play against Manning. I'm convinced it wouldn't have been called had he not stepped out there and started saying something.

Sometimes you have to let your players know that you're in it as much as they are. For a coach, exhibiting emotion in response to poor calls is just about all they have.

When Dez was blatantly mugged and Garrett statued up and later came out saying that he didn't want the players questioning the refs, it irked me because the refs are not above questioning.

When something so blatant happens and you shake it off as nothing, what are the player supposed to think?
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,729 Messages
    3,231 Likes Received
    They complained about Tom also.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,709 Messages
    4,566 Likes Received
    Garrett's constantly grabbing guys and slapping helmets on the sidelines. He gets into it with the refs when it's warranted, too. This is another non-issue.
  12. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,916 Messages
    548 Likes Received

Its frustrating for who you or the players?
  13. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Unless you think our team pays Hostile to be their official spokesperson, i'd imagine he meant for himself.
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,141 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    Obviously it's frustrating to watch.

I don't think there's a person on this forum that was okay with the contact on that Dez play I was referring to.

Being composed is one thing. I'm not saying I'd like to see an idiot like Schwartz out there but I would like to see a guy with a little visible interest in how the game is going, both good and bad.
  15. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :bow:

Okay, that made me laugh. Obviously I've advanced quite far within the process.
  16. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,747 Messages
    143 Likes Received
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,324 Messages
    1,817 Likes Received
    Just another lame example of people piling on. Go out and win games and people will not care if Jason is screaming on the side line or not. Here is a clue emotional outbrust on the sideline is not what makes a coach win.
  18. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,668 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    Different strokes for different folks. I don't ever see Belichek showing a lot of emotion on the sidelines, or McCarthy for that matter. Doesn't mean they aren't. Dungy never showed much emotion either.

Then again, you have Jim Schwartz, who jumps up and down like a cheerleader when a challenge goes his way, and then chases opposing coaches to the locker room.

It's not a requirement for success.