1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.com: Wishful Thinking? This Free-Agent Wish List More Like A Pipedream

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Jun 30, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Benched

16,573 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Wishful Thinking?
    Eatman: This Free-Agent Wish List More Like A Pipedream
    Nick Eatman
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

http://www.dallascowboys.com/docs/eatman_column_free_agent_list_062811.html

IRVING, Texas - Lists, lists, lists.

That's about all we've got anymore. Top 10 of this. Top 12 of that. Five guys to remember for this and seven players who will compete for that.

I guess that's where we are these days in all of sports. It's not good enough to just see or read about a certain player or position. But let's rank them and see where it stands compared to others.

That's really our society in general. We're always trying to see how one thing stacks up to another. Nothing wrong with that.

This week, I figured I'd get into the main topic we're all thinking about anyway - and that's free agency. When - and yes it's looking more like a "when" than an "if" - this lockout comes to an end, the free-agent signing period will likely be upon us soon after.

So just who will be on this team a month from now? That's rarely a question asked in late June. If this team gets to training camp on time, there will likely be 10-15 new players on the roster, including a handful of significant veteran free agents...
  2. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,844 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Joe Lefeged is a camp body. Well coached though

Dont get the love of our DB's. It was all Alan Balls fault huh?
  3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,452 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I love that he made a list. It's actually very similar to my own, save for replacing Sensabaugh with Huff.
  4. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,908 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    Here are the numbers...no random thoughts..just numbers. From these you can see that Newman and Jenkins were two of the worst corners in the league last year. Surprising maybe on Newman because some said he was having a decent year until injuries.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/worst-cornerback-charting-stats-2010

5. TD-33

TD-33 Benched

2,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let's not forget the little guy.

Higher Education: Burn Rate for Cornerbacks

(look in the "worst" list)

6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    part of the problems that the Boys CBs had was due to worrying about the lousy FS play going on; and trying to cover for that. Both Jenkins and Newman had top years in 2009. So for them to be that bad in 2010 means something happened. Most of what happened was Ball. More was Spencer regressing and Ratlif not doing well; our pass rush really dropped off outside of ware. Pass rush is the CBs best friend.
  7. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received