1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Witten More Proud Of His Rebound Than His Records Last Season

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 16, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,575 Messages
    3,437 Likes Received
    Rowan Kavner
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas
    Jason Witten’s accomplishments last season still haven’t completely sunk in to the Cowboys’ new all-time receptions leader.

“For me, looking back at last season, that’s probably what I’m most proud of, not so much the catches and the year, but kind of overcoming the way it first started,” Witten said.

One of Witten’s prouder moments of the year was being able to suit up for the opener against the Giants when most people thought it would be impossible, just a few weeks after the tight end lacerated his spleen in the preseason opener. He defied the odds by playing, though he’ll admit he didn’t look his usual self in that game, catching two passes for 10 yards.

He still didn’t look himself the next couple weeks, either, catching just six passes on 18 combined targets in Week 2 and Week 3.

“It was a tough stretch, that’s for sure,” Witten said. “Coming off the injury, then obviously had some big drops in the early games, but I think everything that you preach to the young players you have to actually live yourself and stay the course. Coach (Jason) Garrett talks about the process all the time. That’s what really mental toughness is all about.”

Read the rest: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-Season-/d437d66f-44ca-44ac-a508-df03a37416dc
  2. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,288 Messages
    1,345 Likes Received
    It's amazing that he broke the tight end catch record, and after Week 2, we were talking about a sudden case of the dropsies.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,693 Messages
    1,140 Likes Received
    Yea, he basically beat the record in 13 games, which sort of makes it even more impressive.