1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC.COM: Would The Redskins Target Romo's Ribs?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Doomsday101, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,909 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas -- If Tony Romo indeed plays with the fractured rib that also showed evidence of a pneumothorax earlier this week, the natural question becomes: would the Redskins become more aggressive defensively and target his injury?

"We're going to blitz him every time if he's playing," Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan said. "No, obviously everybody's got a game plan for everything. But usually if a guy can play, he's a got a legitimate chance to do what he's capable of doing."

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/r...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest
  2. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    Target that rib? Might be asking for alot of precision. But come after him? Of course.

No different than trying to put hits on Mike Vick knowing that guy will fold like a lawn chair if you slobberknock him a few times.

Let's be honest - if Romo is 100% healthy, they want to get to him and knock him around anyways. That's fundamental.
  3. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,023 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    They're going to try and sack him. With this oline, that's every teams game plan on defense against us.
  4. Doomsday101

77,119 Messages
    2,909 Likes Received
    I agree but Shannahan said "We're going to blitz him every time if he's playing,"

Even if they can't get the sack they will be looking to put the hit on him to see how he responds.
  5. roughneck266

roughneck266 Well-Known Member

2,016 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    There is absolutely no doubt they would. If Rex was in the same shape we would too.
  6. Doomsday101

77,119 Messages
    2,909 Likes Received
    OL only gave up 1 sack last week.
  7. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,160 Messages
    1,290 Likes Received
    Of course they're going to target his ribs, especially if they know which side has the fracture.

On a similar note: I wish our defense would knock the crap out of opposing QBs like other teams do Romo. We lead the lead in sacks and I am grateful for this, but one of Hatcher's sacks was so soft, Smith almost got away. Even Ware's last sack almost slipped his grasp. You think I'm nitpicking, don't you? Well, I don't. We need some nasty up front. I think it's coming because we actually have a pass rush now. But the nice guy sacks have carried over from last year. Let's make a pinball out of the opposing QB. In other words, give them the Romo treatment.
  8. Doomsday101

77,119 Messages
    2,909 Likes Received
    I don't think they are nice guy sacks and I do what aggression but I don't want 15 yarders, we have been there and done that and it cost too much.

Go out make the play, be smart and win games that is what this team needs to do. Trying to make ESPN highlight reels is not going to take us where we need to go
  9. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,921 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    I started an entire thread saying the same thing...and people said I was complaining and should not want our team to get penalties. I found that incredulous!!!!!!!!!! Did I say get a penalty? I said bring the pain the way Romo is having the pain brought to him. Romo go knocked out last season by a division rival. And I thought Boley dropped his entire weight on Eli (with no flag). Eli should have been watching his back the rest of that ball game and at least both times we see him this year.
  10. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,665 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: