1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC: Eatman: Keeping Spencer Should Be Higher Priority

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Mar 18, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

26,910 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas – DeMarcus Ware is gone. Jason Hatcher went out the door right behind him. If I’m the Cowboys, I make sure Anthony Spencer isn’t the next to go. At some point, keeping at least some...

Continue reading...
  2. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,401 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I think his knee has to be ok before anyone will write a contract to Spencer.
    lostar2009 likes this.
  3. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,651 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    He just turned 30. He just had microfracture surgery. He's not yet proven himself in the 4-3. He's not going to take a short deal even if we wanted him, would we really want to tie up our money in the guy for more than a year?

Why is this a priority?
  4. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

948 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    So basically he's a priority because he's a familiar face. I guess it would be sad to not have him? Not sure that's a way to build a football team.
    Galian Beast and Risen Star like this.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,506 Messages
    5,238 Likes Received
    He only makes sense on a one-year incentive laden basis. In which case, if he checks out medically, we should try him. And in that case, we'd be a great fit for him, too, since he's here, familiar with the program, only going to be on a trial year contract, and will get a lot of press and national exposure in terms of nationally televised games.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,786 Messages
    7,147 Likes Received
    Because the writers on the team website are the worst in sports.
    Galian Beast and Wheeltax like this.
  7. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Active Member

516 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    One of his dumbest articles to date. I would rather have another Selvie than Spencer given health. Let him get well on some other roster. I can see it now: March 2014- Spencer signs with Cowboys. August 2014: Spencer will miss first 6 weeks of season (PUP). Never got the "Spencer" resigning chatter this free agency.
    Cowboy06 and visionary like this.
  8. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

1,718 Messages
    736 Likes Received
    I'm glad the people who write for the Cowboys don't make these calls. We just gave him 10mil last yr so he could watch the Cowboys play like the rest of us. No thanks. If having him under contract is the smart thing to do, why is he still available?
  9. manster4ever

manster4ever Active Member

382 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    Amen bro...AMEN!!!!!!! Lets go young and rebuild for REAL this time.
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,775 Messages
    2,062 Likes Received
    We don't know what he will take money wise, No one is going to throw big money or longterm contract at him. I agree about getting younger but I also know we may not get everything we would like in the draft so Spencer on a incentive based contract would give Dallas a little time to address another DE
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,498 Messages
    1,486 Likes Received
    No he's right. After reading this article, I am no longer convinced that Spencer should be the next guy out the door. I am 100% convinced that the next guy out the door might need to be Nick Eatman.
    Galian Beast likes this.
  12. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,066 Messages
    2,484 Likes Received
    He's part of the Parcells era, he's 30, and he's coming off micro fracture surgery and is a defensive lineman.

Good bye, and thank you for your service.