1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DC: Garrett: Rehab Seemingly "Great" For Romo's Back

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jobberone, Feb 1, 2014.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,515 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    Garrett: Rehab Seemingly "Great" For Romo's Back
    Posted Jan 30, 2014

[IMG]Nick Eatman DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

[IMG]

IRVING, Texas – In a way, Tony Romo’s offseason will be similar to last year.

Not only is he rehabbing a back injury that needed surgery, but he’s also now working with a new play-caller to the offense.

But just like in 2013, the Cowboys are hoping and expecting Romo to be ready for training camp, if not sooner this time.

Of course, Romo’s herniated disk surgery is a little more serious than the cyst he had removed last year. And, working with Scott Linehan might be different than Bill Callahan, who had been the offensive coordinator in Dallas the previous season.

So the challenges might be tougher for Romo, but according to head coach Jason Garrett, his quarterback is up for it.

“Tony was here at the office (Tuesday),” Garrett said. “I had a chance to visit with him, as did Scott (Linehan) and some of the other guys on staff. He seems to be doing great. He’s in his rehab and trying to make sure he does everything he can every day to get that back right and get back as soon as he can.”

As for the new offensive setup, which will include Linehan replacing Callahan as the play-caller, Garrett said Romo appears to be on board. Romo supposedly talked to Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford this week about Linehan, the offensive coordinator for the Lions the past three seasons.

http://prod.www.cowboys.clubs.nfl.c...mos-Back/956d0c0b-fbb4-4dbd-bc9e-986f0f981df3
  2. Carolina Cowboy

Carolina Cowboy Well-Known Member

602 Messages
    304 Likes Received
    I guess I never realized Nick Eatman looks like Garrett having an allergic reaction to a bee sting. Anyways, I wish I could believe anything this staff says about the health of it's players.
    ravidubey, dogberry, Fletch and 14 others like this.
  3. jobberone

37,515 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    I think you can read between the lines much of the time. You never tell the enemy what you are thinking or planning. And you never give out your logistics which in football includes your health. You would never tell the enemy most of your assets had dysentery. Not unless it's not true anyway.
  4. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,256 Messages
    947 Likes Received

Is this breaking news jobber .....cause it sure would help explain a few things....:D
    jobberone likes this.
  5. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,056 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    I haven't been following this very closely the last few days, why did Scott Linehan leave the Lions?
  6. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,256 Messages
    947 Likes Received
    I think the whole staff was let go
  7. jobberone

37,515 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    Well it should be obvious to all but apparently that's not the case. And yes there's a lotta crap to wade thru here and VR. :)
    bark likes this.
  8. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,290 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    because hes just so darn good they had to retain him. Oh wait. Im sorry because Dallas isnt looking to improve, so they just added to their mess.
  9. jobberone

37,515 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    Poor shot. He and Garrett have worked together before.
  10. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,699 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    Oh, I think they're looking to improve...just not necessarily looking in the right places. Not sure how to take this one. We'll see I guess.
    ShiningStar likes this.
  11. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,290 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    [quote jobberone, post: 5435449, member: 375"]Poor shot. He and Garrett have worked together before.[/quote]

Yes..Garrett is the reason linehan wasnt retained
  12. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,019 Messages
    1,318 Likes Received
    Another Romo thread completely derailed. This one before it ever saw a second page. Impressive.
    casmith07 and mcompact like this.
  13. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,066 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    I think that is a cold comparison for Eatman.

Then again if they put him in as OC..

Eatman would surely call more running plays than Garrett or Linehan.
    JPostSam likes this.
  14. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,819 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    Because the whole staff was fired because they underachieved just like Dallas.
    BigStar and ufcrules1 like this.
  15. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,287 Messages
    901 Likes Received
    Yep. And still beat us. ;)
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  16. jobberone

37,515 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    Yes..Garrett is the reason linehan wasnt retained[/quote]

Garrett is the reason he's here. He wasn't retained because Det folded. It happens. I don't see Linehan as a savior but as a familiar guy who apparently Garrett thinks will help him. I tend to shy away from extreme positions.
  17. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,955 Messages
    2,186 Likes Received
    Great?

Yikes. That sounds like a grade lower than "outstanding."
    Chocolate Lab likes this.
  18. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,225 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    The rehab about almost everyone is routinely reported to be coming along "great." We won't know for sure how effective Romo's recovery has been until his back has proven to be stable throughout the coming season.
    jobberone and BigStar like this.
  19. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,622 Messages
    1,426 Likes Received
    After last season and the "cyst removal" I will wait to see Tony throw in TC/Pre Season before accepting all is well. "He re-injured his back against the Redskins the previous week, but still managed to lead the offense down the field for the eventual winning touchdown" His cyst injury was re-aggravated (not likely)?
    jobberone likes this.
  20. jobberone

37,515 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    I'll be surprised if he doesn't do well but there are no guarantees.