1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC: Garrett Wants Team Prepared For Any Situation

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Aug 17, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/r...com&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Posted by rphillips at 8/17/2011 5:10 PM CDT on dallascowboys.com

ARLINGTON, Texas – “Prepared” and “organized” are two popular adjectives for head coach Jason Garrett’s “approach” to practice. (Hey, there’s another word.)

Garrett is big on situational work. We saw it in the Blue-White scrimmage in San Antonio. We’ll see it in Friday’s practice with the Chargers at Cowboys Stadium. He wants his team ready for any circumstance, particularly in the fourth quarter because so many games are decided by one score.

This is a mark of a great coach, Jimmy Johnson had his team prepared for every situation, and so did Coach Tom Landry. :)
  2. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,243 Messages
    733 Likes Received
    I am as big a Jason Garrett fan as the next guy, .. but you sure picked a couple of big names to hold him up to.

We'll see.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    True, hard to say what kind of success Garrett will have but at least he is doing things he learned from guys like Jimmy Johnson.
  4. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    I think this WV Cowboy: If given time, to run camp way Jason wants to (may take a couple of years, but if has time wade had, Jason will become an elite head coach). Some players may not like him, but they will respect him, either you have to fear or respect your head coach, when the 2 meet, like the players loved wade, but didnt respect him (didnt believe in him 2010 anymore). This is where Jason comes into focus, in some ways Jason reminds me of a Belicheck, belicheater thinks he is it, and some people cant stand him, but he is a good coach, knows how to draft and build. Jason will be the guru on offense head type coach, and if has a good defensive coach with nasty demeanor like a rob ryan, then Jason can build championships for the Cowboys. This is bold, but I think Jason will be the next belicheak type young head coach on the horizon. Was by no accident that this team starting winning when jason took over, and players realized they had better produce, (at least most of them, not davis, or holland for example though) or those players wouldnt be playing for the cowboys. And with Woicik back in the fold for our strength coach, and rob ryan, with a young genius Ere.... on defense, and another top coach on designing plays, the future is very bright for the Cowboys. Yet, at same time like Parcells told Jerry Jones one time, we have to win. Jerry said of course we will. Parcells said no you dont understand, way i run my teams, tough and with discipline, we have to win right away or the players wont buy into it. Jason Garrett has to have time to implement his team for the Dallas Cowboys. Then, you take into the background that Jason had with his dad that was a scout for the cowboys finding talent, Jason understands the draft and finding talent. Add all those things in,with some luck and the Lord's help, future is bright for Jason Garrett. Like bill bates said in answer and question Landry told Bates

Originally Posted by Reality

What was the best advice you ever received from Tom Landry? Does not have to be about football.

Live each moment like it could be your last...Trust in the Lord.
  5. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,243 Messages
    733 Likes Received
    Good advice.

I like Jason too, and I have great confidence in him.