1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC: Kavner: Be Careful Messing With Good Thing In Free

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Apr 10, 2014.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,149 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    I really hope that kind of politics is rare but sadly I think it might be fairly common with the boys. Over the years there has been a distinct pattern of playing vets who are marginal at best rather then give the young guys a shot. Only the top draft choices seem to be immune to this.

Possibly the most stupid thing any so called GM could do was demand the highly paid player start over someone who just might do a better job. I wonder what Romo thinks of this; considering how many times he has been hit because of Free.
    BigStar likes this.
  2. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,043 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    Great point about Romo's feelings about this "structure." I hate to think he has given in to this line of thinking. This is how things are kind've thing....he should DEMAND a great OL. Hey, if players get open access to the GM, tell it like it is!
  3. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,043 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    Photo memories aren't what they are cracked up to be. Much more research is needed (honestly).
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,577 Messages
    1,896 Likes Received
    This is great.
  5. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    I just used Erik Williams as an example because most can instantly picture Big E Head Butting Reggie Williams into a hissy fit. I noticed this bad habit that Free seemed to pick up at some point and it had become very easy to see why he was getting beat at the point of attack.

As far as the run blocking goes there's no doubt in my mind that body positioning & leverage can be just as effective at creating a runnin lane as just about anything. The problem comes when you need that player (a guy like Free) to move a guy into a space that's not easily done with just leverage & positioning. Which I'm sure our coaches know that's not something Free will ever be good at but at the same time I'm sure the other teams know this as well.

All in All it's good to see them trying different things to make sure he's constantly adjusting to make up for his deficiencies & keeping a constant competition going with him & Parnell.
  6. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Good thing and Free don't go together, like water and oil.