1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC: Mailbag: Is Marvin Austin The Next No-Name Star On D-Line?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Oct 22, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

27,321 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    NATE ROLLINS SUGAR LAND, TX Marvin Austin was supposed to be a top-10 talent two years ago, but he has been cut twice since then. What do the Cowboys see in this guy, and will he make an impact thi...

Continue reading...
    w8lifter likes this.
  2. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,465 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    so was George Selvie but the guy is ballin' for us now....hopefully will be similar result with Marvin...
    w8lifter likes this.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,456 Messages
    3,730 Likes Received
    That is darn impressing. Marinelli is the best assistant coach we have had in years.
    Dash28, jobberone and Phrozen Phil like this.
  4. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,420 Messages
    1,021 Likes Received
    You have to sign hatch even though he is 31 he doesn't show signs of slowing down. In fact he shows signs of getting better and is worth the contract. You can't shy away because of what happened with rat. These guys look up to hatch and he embraces that role of a leader. We've been missing that for sometime now. Hatch should be a Cowboy till the end
    CowboysLegend365 and w8lifter like this.
  5. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Active Member

912 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    LINK

He's saying all the right things. If Rod can bring out the best in Austin and Nevis, we'll have one hellova front 7 for years to come starting next year:

Selvie (26 years old)
    Austin (24)
    Bass (24)
    Crawford (23)
    Hatcher (31)
    Hayden (27)
    Nevis (24)
    Ware (31)
    Wynn (27)
    Spencer (29)?
  6. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,199 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    Hatcher's an old dude, but how much mileage does he really have on him?

It's not like this dude's been banging in the trenches his whole career. He played sparingly his first 5 years.
  7. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,555 Messages
    439 Likes Received
    We really have to be careful about giving Hatcher a long term contract.
  8. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,650 Messages
    785 Likes Received
    Maybe they franchise Hatch but I really doubt he is signed to a big contract.
  9. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,667 Messages
    585 Likes Received
    The problem with Hatch is he'll get big offers that the Cowboys shouldn't match.I would love to keep Hatch just don't like to keep making the same mistake. I think Jerry will give him the contract, however.
  10. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,328 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    There is just one problem. You have to resign most of these guys, and the better they play, the more offers they will have from other teams. Most of these guys, have just this year left on their contracts.
  11. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

719 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Did Austin play yesterday ? Dont recall seeing him in the rotation, or did he get injured early ! Anybody ?
  12. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,664 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Google is your friend.
  13. MagicMan

MagicMan Active Member

764 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    Marinelli is by far the BEST coach the Boys have......he actually coaches up his players, what a novel idea. I like this no name bunch in that they just seem to play hard and fearless. Yeah, they get burned and gashed but they keep coming.

As for Hatcher, I don't think he'll get offered a huge deal elsewhere because of his age--so Jerry will be able to keep him with a reasonable contract. He's probably more valuable to Dallas than to any other team and could be the vocal leader of the young bunch.