1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC: NFC East: The Case For Taking A Chance On Will Hill

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Jun 4, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

27,210 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    If Will Hill could find a less-illegal hobby than smoking marijuana, he’d probably be one of the league’s best young safeties. The numbers speak for themselves: in two seasons with the Giants, H...

Continue reading...
  2. dbonham

dbonham Active Member

263 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Rule #1 for Hill- no tweeting

Rule #2- refer to rule #1
  3. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,265 Messages
    438 Likes Received
    If you don't GET IT by your fourth chance, you never will GET IT!!
  4. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,712 Messages
    3,405 Likes Received
    Some serious, SERIOUS, intervention needed there. Jeez.
  5. radioactivecowboy88

radioactivecowboy88 Active Member

400 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    **** it, im in... Defense needs something... I like irvin as a mentor, maybe he can work with him.
    Wheeltax likes this.
  6. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,260 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    No thanks....no way we need guys like Hill.

I'm not against smoking the stuff, and the league is going to be softer on it in the future, but we already have too many guys we can't depend on due to injuries; we don't need extra guys we can't depend on due to suspensions.
    BigStar likes this.
  7. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,050 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    Will Hill RKG
  8. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,769 Messages
    529 Likes Received
    this guy is not a good influence on our young team.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,712 Messages
    3,405 Likes Received
    Too many other guys who can work out who don't come with that kind of baggage. Not even worth the risk of pushing a possible player off the roster.
  10. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,727 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    I wouldn't mind a structured contract offer, but I don't see the Cowboys doing it for the simple reason that it might send the wrong/contradictory message to Wilcox. And considering they said his mind was never right after his mother's passing, I'm not sure I would mess with his mind any more than I have to.
  11. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,133 Messages
    652 Likes Received
    Its not worth it IMO. I'd rather see what we have in Wilcox, Hamilton or Matt Johnson. It may not be anything but atleast we will know if we need to move on from these guys or not this year.
  12. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,616 Messages
    4,168 Likes Received
    His suspension won't start until a team signs him. If they wanted him to be available after 6 weeks, they would have to sign him at the beginning of the season.

For him to be a realistic option after his suspension is over, he would need to come to training camp to learn the scheme. The good thing would be that even if they signed him before the season starts, his salary would not be guaranteed because his is not a vested veteran.
    BigStar likes this.
  13. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,446 Messages
    1,348 Likes Received
    Yeah, until the league changes the policy on marijuana (waiting on the law) it is unfortunate that you have to treat these players as trouble makers. But, it is what it is @ this point. The Vets rarely get snagged for it; is he not getting the heads up phone call? Maybe something similar to what XWalker describes above would be make sense. We can deal with Brent, but not Hill?
    djmajestik likes this.
  14. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,160 Messages
    1,134 Likes Received
    Broaddus said they werent interested yesterday FWIW
  15. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
    Smoking weed is harmless? looks like this boy has some problems with it. I watched as Leon Lett did the same thing with his career
  16. theranchsucks

theranchsucks Benched

937 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Nobody is dumb enough to take a chance on him now..........you have 5+ months before his season can even start, which is 5 months he could get into trouble on your watch. No thanks....let him show that he can stay clean and then if you want to give him a shot, maybe.
  17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    I don't think it is very wise to pass on talent because of these three guys.
    jday and BigStar like this.
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,404 Messages
    3,691 Likes Received
    That's pretty understandable. The difference is we are already invested in those guys and they don't have 1 foot on a banana peel and Hill has shown zero signs of 'getting it'.
  19. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

686 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    At some point, teams should take a pass on players like Hill who are repeated offenders. It sucks that these thugs violate the rules multiple times yet they are rewarded by a contract. Just me though. Not taking a shot to the OP.
  20. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,133 Messages
    652 Likes Received
    At some point you have to see what you have in the guys you already have on your roster. You may think they can't play but this team thought they warranted 3rd and 4th round picks in the past year or two. They deserve a look and not have their progress stopped.