1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC: Notes: "No Name" D-Line, Beasley's New First, More

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Oct 14, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

22,957 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    ARLINGTON, Texas – They might have delivered him a precious division win – and on his 71st birthday, no less – but Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones was brutally honest about his defensiv...

Continue reading...
  2. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Active Member

799 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    I hope Nevis makes a name for himself.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,683 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    The thing I really like this DLine is that they all have high motors and play really competitive football. That is a refreshing change, even if they are less talented than some other guys.
  4. kramskoi

kramskoi Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Nobody seems to know who this guy is. Really? He is hardly a no-name, just misplaced in a 3-4 defense to which he is not inclined. He is no nose tackle, although he has very good size, maybe a little too much right now. But really, he was HIGHLY disruptive and a standout at LSU...always in the backfield...extremely quick first step...a handful to handle...once he gets the motor back in shape he can cause some real havoc. It started to show against Washington. Give the man a little more time...
    Texas_Pete and starfrombirth like this.
  5. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,667 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    I noticed him in the game and remember thinking, "Who is this #70? He is a big dude and in the backfield all the time!". I saw him take his man and just shoved him aside... wow!
  6. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    I like Nevis simply because of his size at 6'1" 310 lbs. This team has lacked a wrecking ball like him for quite some time now. Guys like this don't get worn down over the course of the game as much as others.

And with little depth, we need that.

I wish his name rhymed with Revis so I could call him Nee-vis Continent.
    Texas_Pete and starfrombirth like this.
  7. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Active Member

799 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    Agreed. I watched tape of him at LSU and he was a beast. Now that he is in the right scheme, I'm hoping we see more of what you described. He's 24 and not even in his prime yet. I'm hoping that he breaks out here in Big D as Marinelli coaches him up to his potential. We could have a diamond in the rough here.