1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC: Position Switches At Friday Practice

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Jul 27, 2014.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,998 Messages
    1,281 Likes Received
    Scout’s Notebook: Position Switches At Friday Practice
    Posted 16 hours ago

[IMG] Bryan Broaddus

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...Practice/03a976f2-2e5b-491a-8468-4e94483fef35

OXNARD, Calif.
    – The Cowboys will finally put some pads on Saturday afternoon. Until then, I have a few more observations from the last day of light work on Friday night.

• The one thing Bill Callahan and Frank Pollack have not been afraid of while they have been the offensive line coaches here is playing their lineman at different positions during practice. Last year at this time, remember how Doug Free had some days where he took a rep or two at right guard and there was some consideration by the front office to keep him there until Brian Waters signed at the end of camp.

Callahan and Pollack are now at it again by moving Mackenzy Bernadeau from running with the first offense at left guard to playing center with the twos. In both practices, rookie Zack Martin, who has played the majority of snaps at right guard, received some work at center as well. Martin had been working in the pre-practices during center and quarterback exchange to get a feel for the position.

To Martin’s credit, he was not bad with his technique on the zone running plays, but he needs to become a little quicker getting into his block once the exchange is made, but this is something that should come with time the more comfortable he becomes.

• I have to say I like what I have observed from Bruce Carter so far in these early practices. He is playing like a player that has a much better understanding of what his responsibilities are and what technique he has to execute in order to be successful...