1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DC: Roster Rundown: Scandrick A Bright Spot Among CBs

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jobberone, Jan 31, 2014.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,603 Messages
    3,338 Likes Received
    Roster Rundown: Scandrick A Bright Spot Among CBs
    Posted 4 hours ago

[IMG]Bryan Broaddus Football Analyst/Scout

[IMG]

Editor's Note: Throughout the off-season, DallasCowboys.com staff writers will take a closer look at the roster, analyzing players’ impact last season and how each fits into the team's 2014 plans. Today's Roster Rundown entry features cornerback Orlando Scandrick.)

Name: Orlando Scandrick
    Position: Cornerback
    Height/Weight: 5-10 / 195
    Experience: 6 seasons
    College: Boise State

Key stat: Scandrick had a career-high two picks while leading all members of the secondary with two sacks.

Contract Status: Signed through 2018.

2013 Impact: There have been days where I have not given Orlando Scandrick enough credit for the way that he has played. I have always felt like he was a talented cornerback but there were times where I felt like he didn’t play like one. In 2013, he was the most consistent defensive back that Monte Kiffin and Jerome Henderson put on the field.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...mong-CBs/5dce63b8-dcf1-4015-b641-68e5ff793984
  2. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,565 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    I feel like scandrick would tear it up if he played for New England or another team that could put talented players around him. Every corner Dallas has had lately seems to struggle mightily. Scandrick still shines. The way he handled Vic Cruz from the slot was really nice.
  3. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,603 Messages
    3,338 Likes Received
    Scandrick has his share of ooops, too. But I trust him the most of any CB on the roster; FWIW.