1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC: Ryan Says Ratliff's Role Won't Change

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jun 26, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Roster Rundown
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=C2AA50C0-CEED-67A4-31FE2973C5BD1783
    Ryan Says Ratliff's Role Won't Change
    Rob Phillips
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
    Email

Where He Fits: New defensive coordinator Rob Ryan says Ratliff isn't moving from nose tackle in his version of the 3-4 defense. Given Ryan's varied defensive packages, though, it's possible Ratliff could be moved around some based on matchups. Remember, he began his NFL career as a defensive end.

2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,620 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    I'm sure they will move him around though in certain situations
  3. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    LOL Everything Ryan says from now till the season starts you can bank on the opposite;)
  4. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,427 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Victor Butler said he lines up at FS in one of the packages. Can't wait to see that happen.
  5. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,647 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    this article is based on that quote from that first lil press conference he did months ago? yeah we need this lockout overwith asap.
  6. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    As long as it isn't the base nickel.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,417 Messages
    3,739 Likes Received
    Ryan is not dumb. I'm sure they will try to move him around in certain situation but Rat's ability to get pressure up the middle is valuable to the defense.
  8. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,403 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    Add me to the list of those buying into the notion that Ryan will probably move Ratliff around if and when the occasion calls for it. It'd surely be less than wise to advertise everything he's likely to do in advance, so that, in itself, would make his proclamation that nothing will change something of a prudent deed.
  9. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,639 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    To expand on what people have already said, Ryan said he'll keep him at "defensive tackle", not "nose tackle".

That could mean different things to different people, especially in a multiple scheme. Heck, there are some coaches who still think DEs in 3-4s are defensive tackles;)