1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC: Scout’s Eye: O-Line Made Big Strides In First Game With NYG

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Sep 9, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

29,323 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    Some observations from the film room of the Dallas Cowboys victory over the New York Giants:

If there were questions about the defensive line and how they would play, there were just as many for the offensive line. Even up to the final week of training camp, Jason Garrett and this staff really were not sure who their best five were going into the Giants game. Of the group that started of Tyron Smith[IMG], Ronald Leary[IMG], Travis Frederick[IMG], Mackenzy Bernadeau[IMG] and Doug Free[IMG], I was convinced this was their best five and last night for a large part of the game, I thought they outplayed the Giants defensive line. By no means were they perfect but against a front that had a mix of pass rushers and powerful inside run players, they were able to hold their own.

I liked what I was able to see from Leary and Frederick, both who were making their first starts in the league. These young players were able to work together and at times picked each other up when there was a break down or two. There were plays that Frederick was struggling to maintain his sustain and just when he was on the verge of losing contact, Leary was there for him. There were points in the game where Frederick was able to return the favor.
    Continue reading...
  2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,710 Messages
    1,531 Likes Received
    Sorry, I did not see the game from Bernardeau that Broaddus would still try to have me believe.

I saw a clear weak link that hopefully will not be there next week.

Or the rest of the season.
    Dash28 and cannonball44 like this.
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,161 Messages
    2,793 Likes Received
    PFF didn't see the same game either. They had Bern rated as the worse offensive lineman by far.
    tantrix1969, Dash28 and reddyuta like this.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,708 Messages
    1,920 Likes Received
    It's not even worth talking about guys.

Brian Waters will be starting soon.
  5. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,008 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    what are the grades?
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    That makes one of us.
    dcboy likes this.
  7. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,161 Messages
    2,793 Likes Received
    I'm going to start a thread in the next day or so and will post the grades... It will give us something new to talk about.
  8. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,638 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Don't know why he continues to try to sell Berny.

Maybe Berny is his illegitimate son.
    tantrix1969 and BAT like this.
  9. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,957 Messages
    2,189 Likes Received
    Hooray! I love new things to talk about.
  10. CowboyDiver

CowboyDiver Active Member

123 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Yep, I started a thread last night saying to Broaddus that Berny sucked. How dd I know that he would somehow try to defend him? He is quickly becoming as big a shill as Mickey, except he's worse because he has a football background.
    Galian Beast likes this.
  11. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,944 Messages
    1,234 Likes Received
    As soon as I saw the praise for bernadeau I knew braoddus had written the piece...
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  12. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

722 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I'd like to see the PFF grades?
  13. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,699 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    He had plenty of good moments. Also plentry of bad ones. Looking forward to seeing Waters in there.
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    MW said he's going to post them.

I have an account and I have to admit, I'll need a second look to compare to what they have.

Couple other things.

They do have Esco down for 23 plays and I think Adam said that he was in on 20.

Morris was not treated kindly by their count. 6/9 for 139.

Allen was 3/4 for 101 yards and 2 TDs, 1 INT and 4 PDs.

Allen has a better coverage rating which says that TDs are lightly weighted or PDs and INTs are heavily weighted.

OT but they have Cutler and Palmer as having better grades than Peyton. I'm not sure how the hell that works. What might be the best game by any QB ever and he's not even graded the highest for that week.
  15. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,704 Messages
    1,390 Likes Received
    Weak Link = Berny, no doubt about it...looking forward to Waters being in there to solidify things
  16. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,259 Messages
    948 Likes Received
    Broaddus's love for Mac is comical.
  17. onlyonenow

onlyonenow Benched

102 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Broaddus trapped himself claiming Waters was not coming and that Bernie would be OK. Now he is defending that like Travis at the Alamo.
  18. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,687 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    If this is the best defense of a player you can give, it's probably best you just leave the line of out an article altogether.
  19. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,460 Messages
    572 Likes Received
    I read some posts here about how Broaddus is still crushing on Berny. Some quotes from the article:

Maybe I have been married too long to know how to pick-up a gal, but saying "you're not as ugly as I initially thought you were and since the old broad isn't here tonight I think you'll do" doesn't really scream long term commitment.
  20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,351 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    Ahahahahahah!!!!