1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC: Scout’s Eye: Second Year WR Williams Shines At Minicamp

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NewsBot, Jun 18, 2014.

1. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,446 Messages
    1,348 Likes Received
    My main gripe was the value we received in the trade down. We moved down nearly half a round for a 3rd. The players chosen were great finds but still question the value received @ the time.
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,616 Messages
    4,166 Likes Received
    If your draft comes out better by making the trade than by not making the trade, then the "value" is not an issue. They had to decide to trade the trade that was offered or not trade at all.

They might have been better off this past draft by taking less than chart value to trade down. They probably could have gotten a 3rd to move down to #26 or #27. That could have resulted in:
    #27 Lawrence
    2nd ?
    3rd-1 Trai Turner (the Guard that they wanted)
    3rd-2 ?

Trai Turner was a very young player and entered the draft as a redshirt sophomore. He was not as far along in his development as Zack Martin; however, in a year he will likely be as good as Martin.
    BigStar likes this.
  3. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,446 Messages
    1,348 Likes Received
    I hear your point in that the team could've just stayed put and still selected Frederick; missing out on TW as a result of stubbornness. The same opportunity was presented this year, but Martin was taken as the "stand pat; safe pick." However, taking lesser value in a trade down may have resulted in the better draft overall. I love the emphasis on the OL and didn't love the 2/3rd trade up but I'm used to not getting what I want:D
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,388 Messages
    3,680 Likes Received
    Well, we tried to trade with CLE and had a deal in place until they changed the terms when we were on the clock. Too late to make another deal, we made the pick.
  5. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,560 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    That is what happens when actual reality meets pseudo reality.
  6. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,207 Messages
    530 Likes Received
    Lets see what happens when they are up against others. This offense isnt really practicing against a defense paid to stop them.
  7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,616 Messages
    4,166 Likes Received
    The Cowboys were requesting a 2nd or a 3rd + something else. They could have done it for a 3rd only.
  8. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,027 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    Looks like he's learning to stop always trying to Catch the ball with his Body. If he can do this, with his frame and speed, he will be dangerous
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,562 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    Yep. Holloman has a shot, too.
  10. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,426 Messages
    1,638 Likes Received
    That's true. I think he could turn out to be pretty good as well.
  11. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    It is good to see TWill stepping up. It will be good to have a dependable option at WR other then Dez.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,839 Messages
    7,233 Likes Received
    This man split the double team of Barry Church and J.J. Wilcox.