1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC: Scout’s Eye: Studying Romo’s Stellar Saturday

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Aug 10, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

32,661 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    OXNARD, Calif. -- In watching Tony Romo live, then later on tape, it’s clear that Saturday’s practice was by far his best day throwing the ball during training camp. His release and delivery ap...

Continue reading...
    brooksey1 and nake like this.
  2. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 alpha seeing omega Zone Supporter

3,559 Messages
    1,418 Likes Received
    great to hear. here's to a productive and healthy year.
  3. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,513 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    Sounds promising.
    CowboyFan74 likes this.
  4. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Active Member

556 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    that is the best news we could hear
    guag likes this.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Too funny, last week Romo days where numbered and now with this report few even respond to it.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,002 Messages
    7,748 Likes Received
    It's an object lesson for why the media covers teams the way they do. Sensationalism sells. And if you notice or dislike that fact, you're hating on the media. Well, yes, I hate the Dallas-area sports media, for the most part, for reasons just like this.
    waving monkey likes this.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I agree. Team informs before camp the plan with Romo, Cowboys stick to the plan and the 1st time he gets an off day it turns into a what's wrong with Romo, oh his back is giving him problems. lol
  8. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

10,005 Messages
    1,140 Likes Received
    I don't know if the scoreboard for this Saturday's game vs. Balt. will be in our favor, but I do believe we will see our Cowboys, as a whole, play a whole lot better. I will very disappointed if we see last Thursday's results. If we do see similar results, then I don't see the Cowboys climbing out of the 8-8 hole.

I want to see this team "FIGHT"!
    waving monkey likes this.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,002 Messages
    7,748 Likes Received
    The defense was awful in SD, but it's still only preseason. There were too many decent defenders held out of that game, and the coverage was so unbelievably soft for obvious reasons. You really can't read much into it. I really wish we'd seen more from our rotational DLs, but that's about the biggest negative I took away from that game. And that was offset for me by the backup QB looking pretty decent.

Give me three more games just like it, with no significant injuries, and I"m a happy camper.

I agree, though, that it's really disappointing trying to get excited for a season only to see the team come out and play that poorly on defense. It's hard to remember that preseason is a mirage, either when you look really good, or when you look really bad.
  10. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,912 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    Good news!! Here's to hoping for dividends on the $100 Mill in 2014...:cool: