1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DC: Scout's View: Defense Stops Wilson; Smith At His Best

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Sep 9, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

31,071 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    Head coaches Jason Garrett and Tom Coughlin will both tell you that the turnovers were the difference in the game, but from my seat in the press box, it appeared to be much more than that. This was going to be a physical battle matching two teams that I thought were mirror images of each other.

The quarterbacks, the offensive skill on the outside and the elite pass-rusher. When breaking down the Giants this week, I knew they were going to give the Cowboys problems, but I also felt like New York would have its issues as well with Dallas.

I thought that the Giants would attack a Cowboys front seven that was really playing shorthanded along the defensive line. In the tape I studied of David Wilson, he was just such a different style of running back than what the Giants had used before against the Cowboys. I was honestly surprised with what a complete non-factor he was in the game. No matter how hard he tried, he just was unable to find any room.

Continue reading...
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,709 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Broaddus' take
  3. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,428 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I came away very impressed with the Defense, except for Will Allen, other than him, WOWZERS!
  4. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    The next time we play the giants Wilson will be so worried about holding onto the ball he won't be a factor.
  5. Laundry fan

Laundry fan Member

33 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    He may not even play much. I heard on Sirius Radio today that the NYG's brought in 3 RB's for try outs. Brandon Jacobs was one. I can't remember the other 2, but they were experienced vets.
  6. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,174 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    They have been linked to MacGahee, Turner, Hightower, Wells, Kevin Smith, Jacobs
  7. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Smith played great and just think
    :D he is just 22 years old, the best is yet to come.:p
  8. shank

shank Member

48 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    still can't get over that Connor was their starting linebacker. I mean I thought he was marginal back-up last year.
  9. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,538 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    I'm surprised at how little they seem to value the LB position overall. That may work if the front 4 is dominating as it has in some years past. But if the DL is average, the LBs will be exposed.
  10. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,522 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    I believe Jacobs is back with the team. I would dearly love to see Mr Carter introduce himself to the big mouth POS.
  11. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,174 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    Yes its Jacobs, but I think in hindsight it maybe a mistake. They chose him over others due to familiarity witht he offense and blocking which may help the run game next week but I do not think he has enough in the tank.
  12. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Defense was AWESOME.:mad: