1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DCFanatic Radio w/Bryan Broaddus - Live at 10pm est

Discussion in 'Artwork Zone' started by dcfanatic, Jun 3, 2010.

1. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    cool dc if you have time, ask bryan about the cowboys new TE 2 formations with witten behind phillips and Bennett behind columbo

also how about cowboys new 3 inside linebacker formation with just one cb

finally is titus ryan really showing some stuff
  3. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,083 Messages
    3,061 Likes Received
    Dadgumit, after the day I have had I could have really used listening to this.

PM me when you have the podcast DC. I would appreciate it.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,659 Messages
    1,485 Likes Received
    Nice show DC. Most interesting comment by Broaddus was that so far in the OTA's Mike Hamlin does not look very instinctive at FS. Hope that is just rust and can be over come by reps.
  5. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I talked to Bryan like five minutes after he walked away from that practice on Tuesday and then Wade started talking about Ball playing the 4th CB later on that afternoon.

By 7pm on Tuesday I was all aboard the 'go sign Atogwe' wagon.

This Free Safety spot is driving me nuts.
  6. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,648 Messages
    2,753 Likes Received
    dc, that was a very well put-together show.

Gurode's comments on the Minny game, then BB's take on those comments...I thought you guys were in mid-season form.
  7. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just want to give a heads up to the people who were listening to the live show.

We went about 3 or 4 minutes over and the stream may have cut off.

Bryan Broaddus is now not only going to be doing all 'Official Scout' stuff for ESPNDallas radio but he is now going to be writing for ESPNDallas on their Cowboys blog as well as doing chat stuff for them.

For those that listened live and missed last few minutes I will pull audio and post in here. Had some funny stuff about his crew over there (Mosley, Werder, Watkins and TMac).

I told Bryan to start moving away slowly from that crowd if he sees any red dots showing up, lol.
  8. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Ouch, I havent had a chance to listen yet.

that doesnt sound promising. In the other thread where I was discussing atogwe with inman, I figured The most important aspect of us having intrest in him would be where ball/hamlin and AOA are at and what they are asked to do....versus where atogwe is at and what he has been asked to do.

then how atogwe would fit in here with what we would ask him to do and then weigh the results of that with the money to see if we have any intrest.

plus Judd garrett was in st.louis on the staff with atogwe, as an offensive coach, but still he should know the player well.

So if broaddus thinks it isnt looking good that must mean the team feels that way in some regard, so now I am really curious to see what happens.

It seems everyone is saying no on the surface to atogwe because of supposed contract demands. it is going to be intresting in the 11th hour on that guy.
  10. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    DC,

I'm listening to your commentary on Felix Jones.

You hit that out of the park.

Grand Slam!

Feed Felix the rock!!!

Felix Jones will be in the Pro Bowl if the gets the rock!!!

Felix Jones has MVP talent.
  11. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  12. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bryan Broaddus wants to see more of Felix Jones.

Also, Broaddus says that he thinks the Cowboys have "coddled and babied him" at times. Furthermore, he says let Felix play a bunch of stretches in the game.

Indeed. :)

I agree.

Broaddus says that Jason Garretts' coaching style plays a part in the three back rotation. Garrett likes to mix and match players, except for Austin and Witten.

Broaddus likes Tashard Choice, too. He said that he could start for other teams. I agree. He would like to see more of him, but that takes carries from Felix.
  13. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Memo to the Cowboys:

Felix Jones isn't a role player.

Felix Jones is an elite, Pro Bowl, MVP type player.

Feed Felix the rock or pay the price on the scoreboard and in the playoffs.
  14. RainMan

RainMan Makin' It Rain

3,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This goes back to the point I made the other night of why I so badly want(ed?) Atogwe.

In our current situation, where Ball is not only the starting FS but also the fourth corner, it is paramount that we have a backup FS capable of taking over that position when he moves to corner.

It seems a long enough shot to ask either Ball or Hamlin to be a legitimate starter in this league -- but both?

Last thing we need is a situation where we have to pull Ball from FS because our corner depth is so bad, leaving Hamlin to get torched deep.

I get letting go of Flozell and moving forward with Free. He's a second round pick who looked like a stud at right tackle last year. Our staff/scouts should know him well enough to project whether his skills will transfer to LT. But I don't really get the free safety situation at all. I think it's a huge smudge on an otherwise spotless (nearly) team.
  15. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Free was a 4th round pick I think...awesome pick.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,026 Messages
    2,259 Likes Received
    You are the man DC. I grant you permission to post videos.
  17. RainMan

RainMan Makin' It Rain

3,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You are correct, sir. Don't know why I've been thinking he was taken higher.
  18. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    He's no Jacob Rogers! :eek:
  19. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :)

Apology accepted.
  20. RainMan

RainMan Makin' It Rain

3,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's probably it -- subconsciously, I've been wanting Free to erase our poor recent history of highly drafted linemen. The higher a draft pick I made him, the better. :)