1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

DCN: We're going to miss him when he's gone

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Tawney88

Tawney88 Well-Known Member

1,623 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    FIFY
    cml750 likes this.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

27,068 Messages
    4,534 Likes Received
    Ah, another outright LIE.
    Why do feel the need to keep fabricating your stories?

Romo did not turn it over 4 times in that disaster of a game in Minny.
    I'm pretty sure he got sacked a ton though.

If you're going to bash Tony at every turn at least stop making outright lies about it. All we have to do is look it up and see you're once again a lying sack of sh...uh...shovels.

We all know the dudes not perfect, but you insecure in making your points when you add untruthful junk into your haterama.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    DandyDon1722 and 5Stars like this.
  3. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

30,222 Messages
    3,869 Likes Received
    I forgot to mention it? So I should want option 1 and automatically say "Why the blue hell are you passing for two yards?" The defenders in the zones nearest Murray would react to his catching the ball. Seven yards do not remain "seven yards" in the NFL. The players are the fastest at any level of the sport. I did not forget anything. I choose not to state the obvious, which I thought I had implied with the first option. My apologies.
    5Stars likes this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,691 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    While it is hard to argue with you about the GM, he is not going anywhere so to be a Cowboy fan you may not like Jerry but you have to accept him. Now there is now doubt in my mind we can do better than Garrett when it comes to coaching but then our owner /GM's main qualification for a coach seems to be he has to be comfortable with him whether we are winning or not which I guess proves your point :confused:.
  5. DallasEast

30,222 Messages
    3,869 Likes Received
    You are correct. It is an option. It is not the option Romo chose when he audibled. If it were, would he have looked to his left? Or to his right? I always try addressing what the players are or are not doing before hypothesizing what other players, coaches, media, fans or even I want them to do.
  6. DFWJC

27,068 Messages
    4,534 Likes Received
    Anyone EVER using the Denver game as an example of a bad game by Romo has totally lost all football credibility.
    He played one the best games ever by a Cowboy QB that day. The guy was masterful and Dallas surely loses by 3 TDs without him.

I did have an issue with that late drive vs Green Bay though.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  7. Tawney88

Tawney88 Well-Known Member

1,623 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Thanks glad you agree.
  8. DallasEast

30,222 Messages
    3,869 Likes Received
    Until we signed Troy Aikman?

I did.

I missed Aikman until Tony Romo.

Who knows how I will feel after Romo, I'm seeing a trend...
    5Stars likes this.
  9. DFWJC

27,068 Messages
    4,534 Likes Received
    Hopefully when Romo's time is up we have the good fortune of finding our next Aikman.
  10. DallasEast

30,222 Messages
    3,869 Likes Received
    I think Tony Romo was 8-8. He was on the field in spirit against the Eagles in Week 17.

I'm sorry. Dogging out Romo takes a lot of imagination.
  11. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me?

3,656 Messages
    891 Likes Received
    or what they should be doing.
  12. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

10,411 Messages
    2,917 Likes Received
    In 2003 Parcells came in and let the team go with what they had. In 2004 he started with his overhaul.

Mostly because of who? Romo or Parcells?
  13. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

10,411 Messages
    2,917 Likes Received
    Ok it wouldnt have been 3rd and long and Murray isnt a receiver. First and formost, players were all being drawn away from him. second the only guy that wouldve had the chance to stop him quickly was the guy who intercepted the ball because he was the only one even in his general area, but even he was drifting away from Murray. And in a one on one situation i love Murray in that situation all day.

And if i remember correctly Aikman ate Romo alive in his commentary for that play. Sometimes the easiest play is usually the biggest play to make. And Romo has never understood this his entire career. Thats what keeps him from winning important games
  14. DallasEast

30,222 Messages
    3,869 Likes Received
    You hope it would not have been 3rd and long. Or perhaps our definitions of 3rd and long differ. I call 3rd and long making a first down after a successful play has gained five or more yards dependent upon the placement of the ball following 2nd down.

My bad for typing receiver instead of running back. I refer to any legal offensive player receiving a pass beyond the line of scrimmage as receiver. I do not mean for anyone to interpret my comments as suggesting Murray is competing for a roster spot with wide receivers, for example.

Are you referring to Troy Aikman comments concerning Romo not throwing to Murray? Did he make the comments while calling another game, postgame, article, etc.? I wish to review his comments if possible.
  15. erod

erod Well-Known Member

8,416 Messages
    5,955 Likes Received
    Dude, that was awesome. It should be its own thread.
  16. DallasEast

30,222 Messages
    3,869 Likes Received
    Thanks. With respect, I think that both critics and non-critics can mutually agree there have been quite a number Romo threads created through the years. One less thread is not necessarily a bad thing, lol. :)
  17. DFWJC

27,068 Messages
    4,534 Likes Received
    I think we'll miss Romo, yes.
    But there is that small chance that we get lucky and draft the next QB that is as good or better.
    The odds are very slim, but it's certainly a real possibility.

Hey Indy got the 1st pick and got Luck. Can't even begin to describe how slim the odds are having those three highly improbable things collide at the exact same time:
    1) best prospect in 10-20 years comes along
    2) your team wants to draft a QB early
    3) your team actually has the draft pick to get that player

Then again, build a dominant defense and you can get by with much less anyway.
  18. DallasEast

30,222 Messages
    3,869 Likes Received
    I would add that improved offensive and defensive execution makes winnable games that much more possible. I could argue that anyone could factor in every real or imagined Romo quarterback error from last season, subtract a few of his teammates miscues (fumbles, dropped passes, unnecessary penalties, etc.) (edit: and poor coaching decisions) and Dallas would have ended the regular season above .500. Essentially, that is not discussed enough on sites like this, sports talk, sports television, etc. The overwhelming discussion is pro or anti-Romo. Not enough is said about what the rest of the team does to improve or not improve game outcomes.

Even though Romo receives both true and false criticism, the sum total of criticism itself has never been the problem. The problem has always been the ratio of criticism. It is WAY out of wack, always has been, and may always shall be. And that's incredibly sad.
    DFWJC likes this.
  19. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

10,411 Messages
    2,917 Likes Received
    My bad idk why i thought it was Aikman, but Phil Simms
  20. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

1,525 Messages
    920 Likes Received
    Someone give this man a trophy. He was able to pick 7 people out of our 53 man roster that are contributors to the team. That has always been the problem with this team, that we have maybe ~10 reliable players on the squad... followed by 43 inconsistent players.

Thank you for proving my point on accident.

Also notice you didn't name ONE defensive player :rolleyes::rolleyes: