1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DCT:Dallas Cowboys Potential Draft Pick: Brandon Harris, CB, Miami

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 3, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Scouting Report
    http://dallascowboystimes.com/2011/02/dallas-cowboys-potential-draft-pick-brandon-harris-cb-miami/
    Brandon Harris is a versatile cornerback. He excels in man coverage, displaying the athleticism, hips, and speed to thrive at the next level. He’s only 5’11”, 195 pounds, but he’s a very willing tackler. Take a look at the first play below, as Harris flies across the field to make a hit. When I first watched the play, I thought it was a linebacker.

[youtube]v0yjcu9CJvc[/youtube]
    [youtube]2i3qht5KfFI[/youtube]

Harris shows no hesitancy to throw his body around, and I think 90 percent of being a good tackler is attitude.

While some claim that Harris isn’t adept in zone coverage, I disagree. Take a look at the 1:17 mark above. Harris is initially in man coverage but reads the quarterback, drops his guy, and makes a tremendous break on the football for the interception. His awareness and football IQ are elite. He understands defensive concepts and plays very intelligently, showing me no reason he wouldn’t excel in zone coverage nearly just as much as man.
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,604 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    He is one of 3 guys I want in the 1st round....along with Derek Sherrod and Cameron Jordan....
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I would like to see us either get Patrick Peterson, or Cameron Jordan or one of the big OTs in first round if we trade down. I am luke warm on brandon harris, he is ok, but id rather have patrick peterson.