1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DCT:Dallas Cowboys Potential Draft Pick in 2011: Muhammad Wilkerson, DT/DE, Temple

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 12, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,117 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    Scouting Report
    http://dallascowboystimes.com/2011/...-pick-in-2011-muhammad-wilkerson-dtde-temple/
    [IMG]
    Muhammad Wilkerson is a player I’ve had a chance to watch in person a few times. I’ll tell you right now. . .he’s one of my favorite players in this draft.
    At 6’4”, 305 pounds, Wilkerson has cat-like quickness and agility. He’s an incredible athlete for his size, resembling a linebacker in the open-field. He’s quite stout at the point-of-attack, rarely getting pushed back. Check out his game against Penn State below. . .

[youtube]ssOjK3D6fFQ[/youtube]

Early in that game, Wilkerson struggled to get off of blocks. You can see that in a few of the initial plays, as he sometimes has a tendency to remain blocked if his initial move doesn’t work. He generally attacks first with a finesse move–quite unusual for a man of his size–and it is often a swim move. Sometimes, Wilkerson’s technique can suffer because he relies heavily on his snap anticipation and burst (which are both remarkable).

[youtube]SQYLYRh2bmw[/youtube]

[youtube]3Q8TQg6uoSg[/youtube]
  2. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received

i love this guy . i think he go late first round
  3. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

8,212 Messages
    831 Likes Received
    Wilkerson was my darkhorse pick early on but there is no way he is available when Cowboys pick in 2nd.

I like this kid better than any 3-4 DE in the draft, including Cam Jordan.
  4. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

3,024 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    how's he an improvement over Spears?
  5. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,571 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    Yup I'm starting to like him too. Trading down in the 1st, getting an offensive lineman, then getting two 2nd rounders and getting Wilkerson with the first 2nd rounder would be my ideal scenario, if he fell to 40
  6. fishspill

fishspill Well-Known Member

1,264 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    This is all I've seen of him, so I can't call this an educated opinion, but he looks like a less-talented, clumsier Chris Canty. Canty's good. But I wouldn't do a 2nd on this guy. And he won't make it to the 3rd from what I gather.
  7. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

8,212 Messages
    831 Likes Received
    You mean a more playmaking Chris Canty. Canty wasn't nearly as successful rushing the passer as Wilkerson.

2010: 70 Tkls, 13 TFL, 9.5 Sacks
    2009: 61 Tkls, 10.5 TFL, 7 Sacks

Chris Canty never had more than 4 sacks in a season his entire time at Virginia. Although they had similar TFL loss averages. Canty was a monster against the run though with more tackles averaged.