1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

dctimes: Dallas Cowboys Potential 2012 Draft Pick: Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 23, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://thedctimes.com/2012/03/dalla... dallascowboystimes/GaDt (DallasCowboysTimes)
    Jonathan Bales

Last year, we saw the surprising selections of inside linebacker Bruce Allen and running back DeMarco Murray in the middle rounds. Could a similar thing be on the horizon in 2012? With Jason Garrett’s emphasis on taking the best player available, it’s certainly possible.

One of the need positions which is being ignored by most is tight end. With the cornerback and interior line positions shored up just a bit, however, you might start to hear more about the potential for the ‘Boys to select a tight end. Here’s why:
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,111 Messages
    4,438 Likes Received
    Think he meant Bruce Carter and put Bruce Allen in there.:D

However the TE in question is a pretty good TE.
  3. Jongb35

Jongb35 Member

183 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brain..I did! Thanks for catching that.
  4. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,972 Messages
    881 Likes Received
    I really like Dwayne Allen. I remember when Witten came out, all the other guys drafted ahead of him had specific talents that were deemed more important than overall ability.

Allen reminds me of Witten, in that regard. I think he's just a good all around TE
  5. Jongb35

Jongb35 Member

183 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Totally agree. He can catch, block, and move around the field pre-snap, but doesn't have the blazing speed to propel him into the first round...just like Witten.

By the way, I don't think I could imagine much better of a mock draft that what you have listed.
  6. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,370 Messages
    598 Likes Received
    i won't be surprised at all to see us take a TE in the 2nd or 3rd.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,573 Messages
    1,434 Likes Received
    Allen has nice hands but did not time well. Add to that Clemson players have tended to underwelm at the next level.
  8. ferrispata

ferrispata Active Member Zone Supporter

318 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I don't see us taking a TE that early. It is not supposed to be a very good year for TEs in the draft. I think we take one, but we will probably take one 5th round or later. Early draft will focus more on D, with possibly a "strange" pick (WR?) when someone they have ranked high slips a bunch.
  9. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I was estactic when the Cowboys drafted Witten. I had watched him play several games as I lived in TN at the time. I didn't think he would last until the 3rd round.
  10. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,546 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    totally agree with the premise that we will draft a TE in the first few rounds if at all feasible. Would love to see Fleener drop to early second although that isn't going to happen. Think he's going to be a star. Don't know all that much about Allen but I definitely see us drafting a TE.