1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DCW | Practicing Patience (Henson)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Bluefin, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    LMAO

You know me too well Herr Doktor. (What movie was that from? Can't remember.)

I figure controversy is going to follow for a long time.
  2. jay cee

jay cee Active Member

2,900 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I seem to remember Herr Doktor from some movie. Young Frankenstein I believe. But for some reason that lame world war 2 spoof with Val Kilmer also comes to mind.

Not if someone can step up and lead this team to a superbowl victory. I don't care if they are led by a qb like the Staubach led teams of the 70's, or a running back like the Smith led teams of the 90's. I just want someone to get it done.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I think that was the movie.

I wish I had your optimism jay cee. I have a horrible feeling the wars will be ugly for a few more years and I think we'll win a Super Bowl or two before they stop.

Two years down the road if Henson wins it all someone will say "yeah but look at the team around him." Happens with Aikman all the time.

It shouldn't but it does.
  4. jay cee

jay cee Active Member

2,900 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Someone would do the same thing if the team wins a superbowl with Carter starting. But either way IMO, it won't be as bad as this constant arguing that's going on now.

And I for one will be too busy rejoicing the latest championship to give much thought to any spoil sport trying to bring any negativity to my party.

On a side note, I never thought Aikman was as great as most people see him. I actually wanted the team to trade him after that loss to Carolina in the playoffs in '96, (I believe).

I did not think he could step up and carry the team since Smith was no longer the dominant runner that he had been. And I was hoping for another Herschell Walker type of blockbuster trade.

Even though that was my opinion of Aikman, I enjoyed the Superbowls that he helped my favorite team win. So I don't see me getting too upset about who is playing WHEN the Cowboys bring home that next Lombardi trophy.

(If I can learn to root for Deion Sanders, I can root for anyone that dons the star. :D )