1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DD:Villanova lineman Ijalana prominent on NFL radar

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 1, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,020 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Villanova lineman Ijalana prominent on NFL radar
    By Keith Pompey

Inquirer Staff Writer

Just the thought of being in a select fraternity brought a smile to Ben Ijalana's face.

Earlier this month, the Villanova left tackle rattled off the names of three former Rancocas Valley High products who played in the NFL.

"Alonzo Spellman, Franco Harris, and Irving Fryar," said Ijalana, a 2007 Rancocas Valley graduate. "Those are all greats."

If everything goes as planned, the 6-foot-4, 320-pound senior's name may be added to that list.

Ijalana is listed by NFLDraftScout.com as the second-best senior prospect at guard for the 2011 NFL draft, behind Florida State's Rodney Hudson.

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said most NFL teams give the Wildcat a third-round grade.

"He's barely 6-foot-4, but he's got long arms," said Mayock, who think Ijalana is suited to play left tackle in the NFL. "He's got real good feet. And in a pass-first league, he's the kind of tackle teams are looking for."

[IMG]

Read more: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/spor...ana_prominent_on_NFL_radar.html#ixzz0yHt6eIh6
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
  2. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,680 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    This guy looks like a Hudson Houck type of lineman. It wouldn't surprise me if the Cowboys show a lot of interest in this guy next spring
  3. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    an HH guy ?

why everyone whats to run the guy out of town
  4. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,680 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Okay, a Cowboys type of lineman. He seems to fit their profile in terms of size and ability to play multiple positions.
  5. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think HH will retire when the next HC comes in

hes already got 27 years in the NFL

I am a big HH fan