1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DE Ezekiel Ansah Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Dec 11, 2012.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,698 Messages
    5,857 Likes Received

Ansah lines up all over the BYU defense, even NT, but his primary position is 3-4 DE.

He does almost all of his damage fighting through blocks on the inside. He rarely tries an outside "turn-the-corner" type of pass rush.
  2. Texan_Eph89

Texan_Eph89 Well-Known Member

1,062 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-football/ezekiel-ansah

If you look at the highlight reels, it's roughly 1/3 OLB, 1/3 DE. 1/3 DT. He moves well in space, might as well maximize his speed and acceleration on the outside.
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,092 Messages
    674 Likes Received

I'll be honest, I've only seen YouTube highlights on Ansah but I thought he looked way better in space. He got engulfed by the ND oline when he played de/DT. If anything I would ask him to drop 5-10 lbs and work on his agility. Teach him some actual pass rush moves and how to use those long arms and he's got a real chance. Putting him on the d-line in the 3-4 is almost a disservice to his skills.
  4. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,912 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    how about pick him and move to the 4-3? He could play strong side DE. Our 3-4 has been garbo over the years. Never seem to run it right or have the right personel. We basically always rush 4 now, (ware and 3 slugs on the d-line). Why not just get another guy in there that is better at rushing the passer on the edge.
  5. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,912 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    yup just like when the seahawks nabbed bruce irvin who is alot smaller than this guy. Heck bruce has 8 sacks so far. We need more pressure in our defense. I would love to get some pressure players. Boy is he strong (atleast in the boise state game) he was tossing lineman around. Look to play with alot of hustle and intensity.
  6. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    He has gotten tossed around a bit too. He is a very interesting prospect. I'm reluctant to link him to JPP yet because of his success. Have to see how his 3 cone is.
  7. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,726 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Have you watched him play? He is very good in coverage. He is a very fluid athlete with great bend around the edge. He would be a waste as a 3-4 DE.
  8. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I think his most success is from the outside.
  9. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,057 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    If the bowl game was indicative of his talent level, I am missing some key skills in accessing ability, the linebacker Van Noy stood out more than him and he will go in the 2nd rd. Using a 1st rd pick on him seems like poor choice when we could draft someone who could come in and start and play well on the Oline. He did look to me like he lacked what Sean Lee has in spades, maybe I am spoiled by Sean and Bruce C. If he cannot contribute he needs to be considered in the third or fourth unless he has an injury like Jeffcoat(OLB) and Faulk(Oline LSU).