Dean Blandino is resigning

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by big dog cowboy, Apr 14, 2017.

1. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

2,696 Messages
    857 Likes Received
    You're a legend in your own mind...

And that's about it.

2. Boys#1 95

Boys#1 95 Well-Known Member

1,364 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    yes sir I would...They would be laughing because Dallas got away with one. They would also after the recent past be saying "Finally the Monkey on our backs is gone." Seriously, there's only about a 5 to 10% chance depending on the officiating crew the that call is reversed when it was called a catch on the field. About 60-40 if it's ruled a non-catch. I guess we will have to agree to disagree here. I come from "A football move".."ground can't cause a fumble"...Two feet down kinda past. This "process of a catch" has too many "Grey,Gray" windows. In other words... left up to interpretation. MEH indisputable evidence was not there.. if any thing he completed the process in the end zone. ball never touched the ground only moved.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  3. Boys#1 95

1,364 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    I understand being fair,not wearing rose colored glasses or the famous Homer card but, that call was a push. Any way you want to look at it NO ONE would have been surprised if it had stayed as called on the field. Some would say ok, but you need a 2 pointer and Rogers had 3+ mins to kill you . I could take that loss better. it would have been legit.

4. nathanlt

2,696 Messages
    857 Likes Received
    It only takes enough research to type in "Dean Blandino" into twitter, go to his verified account and check his posts on April 14th. He actually tweeted it, I verified it 2 minutes ago! I'll say again, his verified tweet, #dezcaughtit is still up there.

But you're too busy patting yourself on the back to notice.

5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

26,789 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    Just checked his verified Twitter account and the last post I see is a retweet from March 29. I don't see a tweet or retweet from him in April, 2017. Take a screen shot of his page and let's see the tweet. If he did tweet at #dezcaughtit, you think that's an admission he and Steratore got the call wrong? LOL The guy was a comedian so if he did leave a tweet #dezcaughtit, it was done as a joke to take a slap at FANS like you because #dezcaughtit was created to slam Blandino.

[​IMG]

6. KJJ

26,789 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    You may come from a "football move".."ground can't cause a fumble".. Two feet down kinda past but according to the RULE a receiver who's deemed "going to the ground" must hang on to the ball through the contact of the ground. Everything goes out the window once a receiver is ruled "going to the ground." They must complete the process of making the catch. That's the RULE! As for your claim the ball never touched the ground, that further shows just how in denial some of you are. The ball CLEARLY touched the ground causing it to come loose. Dez never even reached the endzone which is another fact you missed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    HoustonFrog likes this.
  7. Bleedblue1111

Bleedblue1111 Active Member

140 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    The official on the field ruled it a catch. There was not indisputable evidence to say he was in fact going to the ground in the process of a catch. Very questionable reversal.

Carharris2 and CaptainCowboy12 like this.
  8. nathanlt

2,696 Messages
    857 Likes Received

Scroll down to 30 Oct 16, he said it. Someone retweeted him on 14 April on Peter King's page. Blandino is a malicious thief of fair play during the playoffs. That's a big deal.

[​IMG]

Carharris2 likes this.
  9. Boys#1 95

1,364 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    It must have taken a while to find this one still photo which is shorter than a blink. Still not clear enough to determine "if his fingers were under the ball and certainly not enough evidence to overrule a catch on the field. like I said a day or so ago...pro or con...it's a push. Should have stood as possession and a catch. Thank you for the effort it's much appreciated. I can always be wrong...this is not enough evidence to sway the call.

10. nathanlt

2,696 Messages
    857 Likes Received
    I have explained this many times, but Dez caught that ball 7 times over by the time the ball touched the ground here. The process of going to the ground was completed when Dez first foot hit the ground. Dez was down by contact twice with each elbow before the ball ever wobbled. The written rules provide NO grounds for evaluating Dezs Catch as anything other than a catch.

Blandino knew it all along, and admitted it 30 Oct 2016.

That is purely malicious and contemptible on Blandinos part.

11. Boys#1 95

1,364 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    So, we can agree not enough evidence to overrule a catch on the field? I know officiating is a hard job , but ..we can at least agree this was the exception and not the rule call?

Bleedblue1111 likes this.
  12. KJJ

26,789 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    It took me no time at all to find that pic, it's been posted several times the past 2 years. It was posted the day after the play and it's as clear as day the ball touched the ground. All you have to do is take your blinders off and stop being in denial over it. I'm not arguing the call anymore so you can have whatever opinion you want.

13. KJJ

26,789 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    Not about to waste my time looking for it because if it happened 6 months ago and we're just now hearing about it then it isn't anything like you and a few others are trying to make it out to be. Those of you trying to spin that Blandino tweeting a stupid hashtag that was created to bash him, was an admission that he and the league got the Dez overturn wrong shows just how uninhabited the planet is that you and the others are living on. He did that to ruffle the feathers of FANS like you and it was ignored for 6 months until he decided to resign. You live in a world where the officials are being paid off and the NFL is fixed. I don't have time for your nonsense.

14. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

3,343 Messages
    2,028 Likes Received
    I'm with you and posted the same pic...in fact many others..that showed the same the week of the game. My point was never to say "Dez never caught it" but to say "Dez never caught it under NFL rules." To me if you watch the whole play the catch and initial foot down and stumble were just that...him trying to gather it as he fell forward...you can debate whether it was a dive to the end zone but to me it was a continuous falling down motion where he could have pulled it to him rather than fall forward. I thought it was great and wanted it to be one...and should under most rules... but under their rules it isn't due to the point hitting and coming loose

15. nathanlt

2,696 Messages
    857 Likes Received

By the written rules, falling and process, and all that... Dez caught the ball. The NFL never wrote rules that supported overturning that catch.

16. nathanlt

2,696 Messages
    857 Likes Received
    He said #dezcaughtit, no one made him say it. Don't pretend like you are averse to nonsense, or don't have enough time for it. You spend PLENTY of time on this board spewing nonsense in defense of Blandino. In fact, most of us wonder when it will end.

Carharris2 likes this.
  17. KJJ

26,789 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    He didn't say anything, he simply posted the "hashtag" and nothing was made of it until 6 months later from FANS like you. I spend plenty of time posting opinions/views and accurate information that pan out while you continue to moan and groan over a call from 2 years ago and spew that officials are being paid off and the NFL is fixed. Nonsense like that will never end with you. Blandino didn't create and implement the RULE a committee did and will it continue to be officiated the same way under Blandino's replacement until the RULE is changed. Done wasting anymore time with you.

18. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

16,621 Messages
    8,499 Likes Received
    The rule *was* that once the receiver is deemed to have caught the ball, if he advances the football it is deemed 'an act common to the game' and can no longer be incomplete. It can only be fumbled.

That *was* the rule.

When Blandino was confronted about it, he stated, point blank, that Dez 'didn't advance it far enough' despite the fact that rulebook at that time never states anything about advancing the ball far enough by any measurement or any implied measurement.

Dez advanced the football by falling/tumbling forward and then stretched out to advance the football even more. Thus, it was a catch by the rulebook at that time.

Blandino tried to use the 'Calvin Johnson Rule' but didn't understand how it was applied to Calvin Johnson. Johnson was in the end zone on his play when he caught it. Thus, he couldn't possibly advanced the football since he was in the end zone and therefore it wasn't a catch. The same with a receiver that tries to get both feet in, catches the ball and falls to the ground. The receiver in that scenario didn't advance the football and thus it was not an 'act common to the game.'

The rule was a pretty solid rule with legit parameters. Blandino didn't know what he was doing and screwed up. Then the league tried to cover it up and change the rule that nobody understands and everybody hates.

YR

19. Yakuza Rich

16,621 Messages
    8,499 Likes Received
    He posted #dezcaughtit in a response to a Twitter follower of Peter King's on the day he announced he was quitting the NFL.

YR

Carharris2 likes this.
  20. Yakuza Rich

16,621 Messages
    8,499 Likes Received
    I don't agree. The evidence was clearly there.

He was deemed to have caught the ball by the ref and then 'dropped it going to the ground.' The rule stated at the time that in situations where it's deemed a catch and the receiver is going to the ground, as long as the ball was advanced it's a catch.
    There was enough evidence that Dez advanced the football because it's clear as day on the video. It's not disputable.

Blandino is the one that tried to claim 'he didn't advance it far enough' and there was NOTHING in the rule book that talked about having to advance the ball by a certain amount. There's nothing that says that the ref can judge if he 'advanced it far enough.'

Blandino is a nitwit and was grossly incompetent at his job. He tried to apply what happened to Calvin Johnson...where Johnson was already in the end zone and could not possibly advance the football to Dez.

It's embarrassing to see anybody try to stick up for Blandino in this case. He was dead wrong.

YR