Dean Blandino is resigning

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by big dog cowboy, Apr 14, 2017.

1. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

26,789 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    He posted it 6 months ago and it was retweeted. Blandino hasn't posted on Twitter since March 29. As for your other post, it was a waste of your time I'm done arguing the RULE.

2. KJJ

26,789 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    When a receiver is ruled "going to the ground" they must complete the process through the contact of the ground, regardless if they're in the field of play/OB or in the endzone. Dez caught the ball in the endzone on opening day last season and it was ruled a TD but as he hit the ground he lost the ball and by the time he regained control he was OB. The call on the field was overturned. Not going to argue it any further.

3. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

2,696 Messages
    857 Likes Received
    Nope, the process of going to the ground was completed when Dezs first foot hit the ground, the process does not mean anything more in the rulebook. Down by contact stil applies. You're done arguing it remember ?

CaptainCowboy12 likes this.
  4. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,970 Messages
    842 Likes Received
    No one will miss him

5. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

16,621 Messages
    8,499 Likes Received
    That's not what the rule was about.

It states that once the ball is considered complete and the player is going to the ground if the player advances the football...it is considered complete. That's exactly what the rule stated. And that's why when Blandino was asked about it he said 'Dez didn't advance the football far enough.'

Note...Blandino never said anything about 'completing the process thru the contact of the ground.'

Why?

Because that's not what the rulebook and the ruling on the field was about.

If it was, he would have stated he didn't make the catch thru the ground.

Instead, the rulebook stated that once it is deemed to be caught and the player is going to the ground...as long as they advance the football it is considered 'an act common to the game' and it can no longer be considered incomplete.

Blandino got caught in a lie with the 'he didn't advance it far enough' because there's nothing in the old rulebook that stated or implied anything about 'advancing it far enough.'

You're just completely dead wrong on this subject.

YR

6. Yakuza Rich

16,621 Messages
    8,499 Likes Received
    Huh?

[​IMG]

YR

Carharris2 and CaptainCowboy12 like this.
  7. Yakuza Rich

16,621 Messages
    8,499 Likes Received
    He may be done arguing, but he's not done making stuff up.

YR

Carharris2, nathanlt and DallasEast like this.
  8. KJJ

26,789 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    I deal in facts and understand the RULE. FANS like you make stuff up.

9. Yakuza Rich

16,621 Messages
    8,499 Likes Received
    Obviously you don't.

There's nothing in the rulebook at that time that talked about completing the catch thru the ground.

Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nadda.

The rule clearly stated that once it is determined the catch is made and the receiver is going to the ground, if he advances the football it is deemed 'an act common to the game' and is now a catch.

That's the FACTS.

And that's why Blandino tried to state that 'he didn't advance the ball far enough' instead of talking about 'he didn't complete the catch thru the ground.'

Blandino made it up to save his butt because there's nothing in the rulebook that talks about 'advancing it far enough' (or even implying that you have to). He also specifically cited the Calvin Johnson Rule so we are talking about the same rule.

I understood the rule perfectly. If you don't advance the football the catch must be completed thru the ground (i.e. Calvin Johnson or a receiver that goes to the ground as they stretch out to catch a football).

Just like your claims that he didn't tweet #DezCaughtIt a week ago, you're making stuff up here and are a whole galaxy away from actual FACTS.

YR

10. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

5,361 Messages
    4,569 Likes Received
    @KJJ s posts are only not funny because he doesn't mean them as a joke.

His pattern
    1. Make silly argument
    2. State he will no longer argue it
    3. State he will no longer argue it.
    4. Attempt to be condensending, but come off as whiney.
    5. Threaten to block you for hurting his feelings
    6. Say he's done arguing
    7. Continue arguing
    8. Block people and finally bring joy to others.

11. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Staff Member

33,697 Messages
    8,724 Likes Received
    I feel for the guy's keyboard. He's probably traumatized the poor thing after pecking out F,A,N and S so gosh darn often that the letters have likely worn away. I'm thinking... OCD..?

Carharris2 likes this.
  12. KJJ

26,789 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    Here's a screen shot of Blandino's Twitter page where's the tweet from #dezcaughtit (all lower case) from April 14? Where at #dezcaughtit did Blandino tweet the hashtag on April 14? He hasn't tweeted since March 29. The FAN you were crying to who thinks officials are being paid off and the NFL is fixed claimed he tweeted it April 14, then reversed field and said he tweeted it Oct 16, 2016 and that someone retweeted a few days ago.

[​IMG]

13. KJJ

26,789 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    I feel for anyone who voted that Romo would be playing football in 2017 in a poll that was posted AFTER it was already announced that he was retiring from football and would be replacing Phil Simms at CBS. Your lack of insight screams FAN. :laugh:

14. KJJ

26,789 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    It's been officiated the same way ever since everyone became aware of the RULE. Go cry to someone else!

15. Yakuza Rich

16,621 Messages
    8,499 Likes Received
    I'm not crying. I telling you what the rulebook stated at that time.

1. If the player has NOT ADVANCED THE FOOTBALL (i.e. Calvin Johnson in the end zone), he must complete the catch thru the ground.

2. If the player HAS ADVANCED THE FOOTBALL, it is an 'act common to the game' and now deemed a catch and can no longer be incomplete. Dez clearly advanced the football.

That's why Blandino said Dez 'didn't advance the football far enough.' So he acknowledged that Dez indeed advanced the football. The problem is there is NOTHING in the rule book that talks about advancing it far enough.

Even though I'm a Cowboys fan, if the rule didn't mention anything about advancing the football I wouldn't argue against the call. I would argue against the rule because it promotes athletes playing conservatively.

But since the rule does clearly mention that if the player advances the football and also differentiates it from when a player does not advance the football...the rule was just fine as it was...the incompetent and unqualified buffoon in charge screwed it up. And then he made up the 'he didn't advance it far enough' to cover for himself and then prompted the rule to be change to where NOBODY understands and NOBODY likes the new rule.

YR

16. KJJ

26,789 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    You are crying because the RULE has been officiated the same way since the Calvin Johnson play in 2010. I have no idea what was in the rulebook a few years ago but ever since the Johnson play every receiver who's ruled "going to the ground" whether they're in the field of play or in the endzone must maintain control through the contact of the ground.

Item 1. Player Going to the Ground. A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/completing-a-catch/

17. Yakuza Rich

16,621 Messages
    8,499 Likes Received
    That's not the rule at the time of the Dez catch. The rule clearly stated that if he advances the football it is 'an act common to the game.'

[​IMG]

YR

18. Sage3030

Sage3030 Well-Known Member

285 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    The very simple fact we can still argue this is exactly why the call on the field should have stood.

19. KJJ

26,789 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    It was the RULE at the time of the Calvin Johnson play in 2010. Case closed!

20. KJJ

26,789 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    The fact we're still arguing it is exactly why the RULE should be changed.