1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dear A.I.G, I quit!

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ThaBigP, Mar 25, 2009.

1. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,396 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    oh wow. that's a perspective i can appreciate and never heard from before.
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,946 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    Sounds like the type of employee they need to work to keep...
  4. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nope. There's too much phoney indignation and outrage (organized by the Service Worker's Union and busses rented by ACORN) to gin up in order to distract us from the real problems facing our nation.

Edit: Oops, did I forget to say that this government is also participating in this neo-kristallnacht? By suggesting the bonus recipients need to commit suicide? By demanding to "name and shame" those who by-and-large had nothing whatsoever to do with AIG's problems, but in fact are working to unravel them?
  5. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In fact it's worse...this government not only bailed them out in the first place, but then sic'ed the public on them using inflammatory rhetoric and front-groups under the banner of "they're stealing your tax dollars!".

Is this not analogous to beating somebody to unconsciousness, then holding them up so the crowd can continue to pummel them? Would it not have been enough to let them fall where they lost the fight?

No...we must have our pound of flesh. Hold them up.
  6. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This is not America anymore.
    America the great,land of opportunity,now rewarding failure.
    America the great,now engaging in government sponsored class warfare.
    America the great,now using the IRS as a weapon.
    America the great,now placing memorials for multiple cop killers.

How will this end?
  7. iceberg

28,396 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    bush was hated because he stuck to his guns and didn't care what you think.

obama caters to what you think and has yet to show a backbone to the public.

i'll give him that much - we did change that type of style.
  8. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [youtube]gUiEBQ2ga4U[/youtube]

Since Juden Hasst was sold to the German people under the banner of class warfare, I thought it appropriate for historical perspective to post this, so people can see how "hate the rich" can spiral WAY out of control.

Our own government is "sponsoring" this, folks. I don't mean directly, but they are fanning the flames to deflect attention. Things like this can get real ugly real quick.
  9. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,111 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I work about 5 minutes from their headquarters here in CT. Just remember there are 2 sides to every story. Maybe if more people quit they will be hiring...
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,205 Messages
    2,040 Likes Received
    Well, the Geithners of the World move on and get jobs in the President's Cabinet. The everyday guys get left holding the bag.

How many times has it been said that these guys can go else where and they will get jobs?

How many times has it been said that you don't know who is getting compensated and why?

How many times has it been said that what is going on with this business of creating BS legislation to punish these people is wrong?

How may times has it been said that if you give Government Power, they will miss use it?

Sadley, the people of America are allowing this to happen. I can't even blame it on Obama because he's only taking advantage of our stupidity.

People should not be affraid of there own government and I can honestly say that I am affraid of mine right now, today.
  11. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,859 Messages
    744 Likes Received
    In the last 5 years or so, those 400 employees at AIG-FP were paid $3.5 billion in salary. They can cry all they want. I say good riddance to these chumps. This MIT grad thinks people are so stupid they will believe his crapola about not knowing what was going on. BS! He knew all along. He is a lying sack of crap.

Those 400 emloyees need to be fired, each and every one. And they need to give back every penny made through their ridiculous shenanigans. He tries to blame it all on a handful of employees. BS!

AIG and Goldman Sachs should have had to pay the piper. Both should be bankrupt and all their higher level employees should be ostracized and never allowed to work in the banking industry ever again.

Thieves, each and every one of them.
  12. iceberg

28,396 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    glad you can see the differences in pride and respect even if you disagree.

you often see the government do things you know are wrong?
    how often do you stop them all?

if never, hypocrite.

you sure do want to paint wide strokes to block out reality a lot.
  13. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,786 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Well then....lets start at the top.......

Franklin Raines of Fannie Mae near 100 million in bonus's while doing everything to hide the failure they had put together....

how bout' Rahm Emanuel (he of obama cheif of staff) getting hundreds of thousands for a "sleep thru it" board position on Fannie Mae.......
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/obama/chi-rahm-emanuel-profit-26-mar26,0,5682373.story

then lets start looking at employee's who's jobs are determined yearly by CEO, by board of Directors, even go so far to say shareholders.....If you want to go after anyone.......take bus tours to the Board of Directors houses
  14. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,431 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    You must have worked in that department to know so much about what each employee was involved in and knows about. No bonus for you? Is that why you're so bitter?