1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dec 1 Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by UnoDallas, Dec 1, 2010.

1. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1 CB Brandon Harris Maimi 5-11 #195 - it would be a mistake to underestimate this jack-of-all-trades even if he is a master of none. NFL defensive coordinators will instantly fall in love with his ability to contribute in all situations. Combine that versatility with his leadership, love of the game, reputation as being coachable, and the fact that he brings it on every down and you get a player we believe should have a long and profitable professional career.

plus dropping down gets us another 3 rder

2 ISLB Quan Sturdivant ILB, N Car 6-2 #235 – The two things that stand out the most about him on the field are his ability to play sideline-to-sideline in the run game and his coverage ability in the pass game.

3a OG Steve Schilling Mich 6-5 #297 – Steve Schilling is good with his hands, can push blockers down and can absorb the pass rush without getting knocked over. Schilling is noted to be better at pass protection than run blocking, but with the quarterback-driven NFL the way it is, that should raise Schilling's draft value.

3b RB Anthony Allen Geo Tech 6 #230 – for the trade down to get Harris – to replace MBIII –

4 WR/KR Derrell Koulianos Iowa 6-1 #200 – Roy Williams replacement – a perfect slot guy - has averaged more than 16 yards per catch the last two years and has shown that not only can he get open, he can get yards after the catch and break away from the coverage. He has good hands and appears to be a good route runner.

5 FS Tejay Johnson TCU 6-1 #215 – need a FS – Johnson has been singled out by head coach Gary Patterson for his on-field leadership as a three-year starter. TCU has led the nation in defense all three of those seasons. Johnson ranks third on the Horned Frogs with 46 tackles. Johnson is an anchor of a TCU defense that ranks first in scoring defense at 8.7 points per game, the lowest mark in the NCAA since 1988

6a DE/DT Karl Klug Iowa 6-3 #270 – Klug is a big guy who takes up space on the line and can shut down the running lanes. He's forced three fumbles this year and had four sacks. His ability to get to the quarterback and force turnovers definitely will get the scouts attention this spring.

6b RT Rich Lapham BC 6-8 #325 – a strong, small area blocker that knocks defenders off the ball and seals them from the action at right tackle.

7 NT Chris Neilds WV 6–2 #305 – returns for his third year as the starter at the nose tackle position … a defensive playmaker … coaching staff will count on him for leadership for the defense this season … good run stopper
    09 Started all 13 games … saw action on more than 645 plays, including a season high 81 against UConn … used on 50 or more plays in nine games … finished with 35 total tackles, including 13 solo stops, two tackles for loss, a pass breakup and an interception … posted four or more tackles in five games
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    nothing flashy but solid. I like it. Really like the Allen and Johnson picks.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Watched Schilling in several games this year. Not impressed. And he is small.
  4. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    first off I pick up one of these guys in FA for the Oline

Free Agent O linemen

Leroy Harris, TEN 6-3 #315

Marshal Yanda, BAL 6-3 #315

Harvey Dahl, ATL 6-5 #315 http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11793612

Davin Joseph, TB 6-3 #315

Ryan Kalil Car 6-2 #295

Carl Nicks NO 6-5 #345

Logan Mankins NE 6-4 #310
  5. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    2 and 5 are interchangable IMO

Deunta Williams NC 6-2 #205 - With 6 INT as a junior, Williams displayed the type of ball-hawking skills and range to be a productive NFL safety. Prototypical size and above average athletic ability for the position. Can match up with wide receivers in man coverage and has impressive range. Williams has the ability to be a force against the run, however isn't consistently physical.

5 ISLB – Josh Bynes, ILB, Auburn 6-2 #239

Bynes isn't the fastest linebacker in the world, but he reads plays well and flows to the football, which puts him in position to make a lot of tackles. His lack of footspeed combined with his average size probably puts him in the later rounds of this year's draft.
    He leads the team in tackles with 84 to go along with seven pass breakups, four tackles for a loss and a sack. Bynes is a physical run defender and a good 3-4 middle linebacker prospect.

or

SS Jermale Hines OSU 6-2 #210

Hines is comfortable lining up on the line or dropping back, he goes for the big play and is capable of making it.His aggressiveness sometimes puts him in bad position, but his drive and intelligence should allow him to mature into a great pro safety.
  6. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    at don't be surprised if we take TE sometime

we don't know about Phillips knee an the to have some push him would be good

TE Allen Reiner IA 6-3 #250 If you draft a player from Iowa, you know you’re getting a guy who works, he’s been well coached, he’s had a strong staff there all the time, that’s the first thing,” said Greg Gabriel, who spent nine seasons as the director of college scouting for the Chicago Bears and now writes for The National Football Post. “But number two, they use the position, they use the tight end.

Reisner comes into Saturday's Senior Day game against nationally ranked Ohio State with 35 catches and 370 receiving yards. He has 62 catches, 744 yards and four touchdowns in his Hawkeye career.
    It is safe to say that Reisner (6-foot-3, 248 pounds) has silenced the critics about his future in the NFL.The Marion, Iowa, native may not get drafted, but the talk about him not being good enough to play in the NFL should be put to rest.
    Reisner is one of eight semifinalists selected. The finalists for the John Mackey Award will be announced on Monday, Nov. 22. The last Iowa Hawkeye to win the John Mackey Award was Dallas Clark,
  7. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    heres my three RT's in the late rounds

RT Rich Lapham BC 6-8 #325

OT Travis Turner Abilene Christian 6-7 #325 - Turner became one of the most dominant linemen in the Lone Star Conference in 2008, serving as a key cog on an offensive line that allowed just eight sacks on the season. Turner started all 12 games at right tackle for the Wildcats

RT Jah Reid Central Flo 6-7 #315 - He’s a big, 6-7, 325-pound tackle who carries his weight well, looks really long armed and displays natural bend in his lower half. He displayed good initial balance and body control in pass protection, kept his arms up and showcased good pop and balance when asked to extend and punch. He was also very powerful in the run game, gaining leverage on contact, displaying good hand placement and liked to pump his legs and finish blocks. Reid gets off the snap count on time, seems to really understand angles and looks like one of the better right tackle prospects I have seen so far this draft season
  8. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    all well you don't like anything I post

but thats fine

to eash his own

:banghead:
  9. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Steve Schilling 6-5 #310

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-f...may-not-say-much-but-he-leads-the-wolverines/

Stephen Schilling as their captains. Schilling has made 36 career starts on the offensive line,

Schilling has started more games than any other Wolverine, making 36 starts in a possible 37 games. He started at left guard in 2009 after starting at right tackle during his first two seasons.

Read more: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/big...ichigan-wolverines-offense.html#ixzz16tBZJde2

Schilling earned NSCA All-American Strength and Conditioning Athlete of the Year honors during the 2009-10 academic year
  10. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  11. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    when all is said and done Harris will go before Prince. You heard it hear first.
  12. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,118 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    I think Janoris Jenkins (Florida) will go before both of them
  13. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    just as long as we get CB in late 1st - and pick up an extra pick

we got Jenkins at 25
  14. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,811 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    Being a UVA fan, I watch a lot of (unimpressive) ACC football, and I've seen Miami play five times this season, including once in person. And I have to say, Harris never stood out to me. A lot of people say the same thing about him, though, including Hos and several others here. From Walter:

I'm with you, Uno. Gimme a player like that at #10, please.