1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DeCastro Round 1, Konz Round 2

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Matt, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Member

673 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Decastro round 1 and Konz with a trade up from round 2 would be my dream scenario for this draft.

Our OLine would be brutal for years to come... we need this especially having NYG in our division.

Free
    Livings
    Konz
    Decastro
    Smith
  2. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,622 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    two OL picks in a row seems HIGHLY unlikely. if it were to happen i'd rather see Bernadeau out there instead of Livings.
  3. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    DE/DT or S (Barron) 1st round, Center/Guard 2nd round.
  4. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I would love this...but if DeCastro is gone I could live with drafting Cox
  5. CowboyHawg2012

CowboyHawg2012 New Member

65 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am a big fan of this idea. Double dipping on position players is a pretty smart thing to do IMO. Pats did it with Gronk and Hernandez and they are set for years there. O-line is the most important part of offense outside of QB and i could make the arguement that its more important than QB. without a good O-line, teams cant do sh#%. why not use first 2 picks to make the line the best in the NFL and reap the rewards for the next 4-5 years at the very least?
  6. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,616 Messages
    2,165 Likes Received
    it seems our first 2 picks will be OG, DE, S in no particular order

the actual picks will really be based on who is available and the way our front office views the drop off in impact between:

Position Rd 1 Rd 2 or later

DE Cox Worthy/Crick/Wolf
    S Barron Harrison Smith
    OG DeCastro/Glenn Zeitler/Silatolu/etc

sorry, the formatting got lost
  7. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,996 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be terribly upset if it happened.
  8. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,416 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    alright so we have a better OL but our defense still sucks.
  9. CowboyHawg2012

CowboyHawg2012 New Member

65 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Our defense wouldnt "suck". we still added brandon carr which is a big upgrade. and you realize we could do the same thing next year hypothetically with doubling up on D. Plus the 2013 class is loaded with pass rushers and has some very very good safety depth that hasnt been seen in years.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    I really think one needs to look at this draft class and realize that the strength of it is not in areas where we have needs outside of the O line. So take the best OL we can get and if someone good on D slides to us go that way.
  11. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,416 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    next years draft also will have some very very good OGs and Centers

Carr was the only added help we got.
    I think Barron or COx will help us more than DeCastro will. Our offense wasn't the issue last year.

5 of our 8 losses last year the offense had the lead in the 4th. The defense blew the leads.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Or the Offense could not run out the clock and gave it back to them. Just as much at fault.

Our 90's teams won a lot of games by running Emmitt in the 4th to run out the clock.
  13. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,610 Messages
    846 Likes Received
    Quit making sense!

Most here would rather spend another first round pick on an OLB, regardless if he is better value at 14 than OL. That would be 4 first round OLB in the past 8 drafts.

We should not be drafting for need, but best available player, and if De Castro is there at 14 and Konz, Zeitler, or the other guard from Midwestern is there in the second round, and he is the best player, take him.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,455 Likes Received
    Maybe, maybe not. We are adding 4 new players to the defense In Carr, Pool, Connor and I will add Bruce Carter to that mix since last season he saw very little action due to the injury. Adding them to the mix of Ware, Jenkins and Lee this defense may not be as bad as we think. Having said that I think Dallas will add more to the defense via the draft and still be able to add to the OL
  15. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,015 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    4 rushing TDs all season and Romo knocked out twice. If our schedule wasn't so soft in the middle part of the season they would have looked a lot worse.

We got the Eagles twice, Giants twice, Steelers and Ravens those are all games our current OL is going to get absolutely crushed. If Romo is our most important player then OL is our biggest need
  16. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Fans will still want to use our #1 pick next year on offense. Probably on a 3rd TE, nickel RB or fullback. Save the defense for Day 3.

Fans don't give a crap about defense, they want Arena Football.
  17. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

1,052 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    Yeah, had nothing to do with our top ranked defenses. :rolleyes:
  18. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    It was all the 1st round offensive linemen. You know like um er um er....
  19. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,348 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    I hate this idea

I don't think it's likely either..so, i should be ok
  20. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,015 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    Cause we've been so good at drafting them in the later rounds the last decade. If we keep doing it we're bout to fluke into one sooner or later, to bad we need 3