1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

December Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheFinisher, Dec 12, 2013.

1. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,454 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    Round 1: Ra'Shede Hageman | DT | Minnesota
    Round 2: Ed Reynolds | S | Stanford
    Round 3: Telvin Smith | LB | Florida State
    Round 4: Calvin Barnett | DT | Oklahoma State
    Round 5: Kareem Martin | DE | North Carolina
    Round 6: Brandon Thomas | G | Clemson
  2. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,906 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I just can't really justify Hageman yet. Its still early in the draft process, but the guy just doesn't impress. He is big and has the measurables yet I have not seen it translate to the field on a consistent basis.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,195 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    Going to have to get a DE somewhere earlier than that I would think, though I like all of those players. Telvin Smith would be a really good fit if we can get him there.
  4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,028 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Quick, name another player on Minnesota's defense.

He's playing in a conference known for its interior o-line prospects essentially by himself. Sometimes you have to look at the measurables and athleticism over stats. Of course you also have to look at things like technique and motor as well. Hageman does tend to play a little because of his height, but I think that's coachable. What's not is his rare blend of size and athleticism
  5. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,906 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    The motor is the biggest question for me. I keep here about this blend of size and athleticism but I really don't see a good power to speed transition from him. I really don't see him being a physically dominant player either.
  6. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,028 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Yeah, like you said its still early. I keep meaning to watch him closely....but then I remember how bad most of Big 10 football is and change the channel. I have no doubt his combine #'s will be impressive, but its going to take a good amount of tape watching to decide if he's lazy or just faced too many double teams.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,393 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    I have seen Martin much higher in most drafts.
  8. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

748 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Not bad but I will pass on Reynolds