1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Declared Underclassmen Thread . . .

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Midswat, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Midswat

Midswat Benched

2,508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We can keep track of all the underclassmen that have declared by updating this thread.

Thanks to those who have PM'd mods. It will be hard to get everyone updated rapidly between now and Saturday but we will do our best.

PM myself or a mod the names of who has declared and we can update the post as we go along:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    OFFENSE
    QUARTERBACK

Aaron Rogers, Cal
    Alex Smith, Utah
    Walter Washington, Temple
    Adrian McPherson, Florida State

RUNNINGBACK

Ciatrick Fason, Florida
    T.A. McLendon, NC State
    Vernand Morency, Oklahoma State
    Ryan Moats, Louisiana Tech
    Eric Shelton, Louisville
    Maurice Clarett, Out of School
    Frank Gore, Miami, Fla.
    Marion Barber III, Minnesota
    Damien Nash, Missouri
    Derrick Johnese, Northwestern State
    Tyson Thompson, San Jose State

FULLBACK

Matthew Tant, Vanderbilt

WIDERECEIVER

Larry Brackins, Peral River CC
    Chris Henry, West Virginia
    Roscoe Parrish, Miami, Fla (Kick Returner)
    Troy Williamson, South Carolina
    Mike Williams, Out of School
    Steve Savoy, Utah
    Dante Ridgeway, Ball State

TIGHT END
    Heath Miller, Virginia

OFFENSIVE TACKLE

OFFENSIVE GUARD

CENTER
    Chris Spencer, Mississippi
    Richie Incognito, Nebraska

DEFENSE

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

A.J. Lindsay, Temple
    Alex Ofili, Michigan

DEFENSIVE END

Shawne Merriman, Maryland
    Jovan Haye, Vanderbilt
    Justin Tuck, Notre Dame
    Rashad Jeanty, Central Florida
    C.J. Mosley, Missouri

OUTSIDE LINEBACKER

Channing Crowder, University of Florida
    Rian Wallace, Temple
    Daryl Blackstock, Virginia
    Bryant Brown, Houston
    Matt McCoy, San Diego State
    Lofa Tatupu, Southern California

INSIDE LINEBACKER

Odell Thurman, Georgia

CORNERBACK

Justin Miller, Clemson
    Fabian Washington, Nebraska
    Adam Pac-Man Jones, WVU
    Brandon Browner, Oregon State
    Michael Hawkins, Oklahoma
    Dominique Morris, Vanderbilt

FREE SAFETY

Peter Sands, Central Florida
    Brodney Pool, OU

STRONG SAFETY

Josh Bullocks, Nebraska
    Ernest Shazor, Michigan
    Thomas Davis, UGA
    James Sanders, Fresno State
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,629 Messages
    2,646 Likes Received
    I put a sticky on this for now.

We may wish to make a complete list of players (seniors and underclassmen that have entered) on one main thread when someone gets the time to do a list.
  3. dstew60105

dstew60105 Active Member

1,768 Messages
    8 Likes Received

Did Crowder announce? I heard he requested the Paperwork but has not yet make up his mind.
  4. Midswat

Midswat Benched

2,508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The following players are listed twice each, respectively.

My bad . . .

Could a moderator fix that?

Vernand Morency, OSU
    Ryan Moats, LA Tech

Justin Miller, Clemson
  5. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  6. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,688 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    done.
    and good thread Swat.
    This is exactly why we want tp use a seperate forum for draft talk. So we can sticky topics like this.
  7. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Another top junior CB to take pro plunge... In a case of the rich keeps getting richer, the increasingly strong CB position for the 2005 draft got a little stronger with Tennessee junior CB Jason Allen having reportedly decided to enter this year's draft. Allen joins fellow junior CBs Adam Jones of West Virginia, Justin Miller of Clemson and Fabian Washington of Nebraska, as well as star Oregon State sophomore Brandon Browner who have already entered the 2005 draft making the CB position one of the real strengths at this year's draft.

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/ut/archives/05/01/63829858.shtml?Element_ID=63829858

UT's Allen files for NFL draft

KNOXVILLE — Tennessee junior free safety Jason Allen has decided that he's ready for the NFL.

Allen said last night that he's filed for early entry into the draft, although he's left himself a window to change his mind by waiting to sign with an agent.

The deadline for underclassmen to declare for the NFL draft is Jan. 15. But by not signing with an agent, Allen would have until Jan. 19 to rescind his paperwork.

''I've thought about it a lot and talked it over with my parents, and I feel like it's time to go to the next level,'' said Allen, who led the SEC in tackles this season.

''I haven't signed with an agent, and I'm not going to. That way, if I get a different feeling at the last minute, I can back out of it. But I don't expect that to happen.''

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Allen said he received a second-round grade from the NFL draft advisory committee and believes he can improve his draft position even more with strong testing sessions.

He moved to free safety this season to fill a void after playing cornerback as a sophomore. His preference is to play cornerback in the NFL.

''I feel like I can put up some big numbers at the Combine,'' said Allen, who graduated in December with a degree in sport management.

''I think I can run in the 4.3's (in the 40-yard dash) and do 38 or 40 inches in the vertical jump. I want to play corner, but just like here at Tennessee, I'll play wherever the team wants me to play.''

Tennessee Coach Phillip Fulmer and defensive coordinator John Chavis still plan to visit with Allen at his home in Muscle Shoals, Ala., tomorrow.

''I don't know if it's my place to change his mind,'' Fulmer said. ''We're just going to discuss his options. We've done that with all our players.''

Losing Allen will be a huge blow to the Vols' secondary, which struggled at times this season.

They were especially thin at safety, and with Allen gone, it's almost a certainty that a first-year player will have to come in and play immediately next season.

The first-team All-SEC performer would have been a second-year captain had he returned.

''There were pros and cons to me leaving, and Tennessee was great to me,'' Allen said. ''But this is my decision, and I'm going with it.''

PLAYER POS H/W SCHOOL CL
    Aaron Rodgers QB 6-3, 220 California JR
    Brandon Browner CB 6-4, 205 Oregon State Soph
    Mike Williams WR 6-5, 230 Southern California JR
    Thomas Davis FS 6-1, 220 Georgia JR
    Channing Crowder LB 6-3, 245 Florida Soph
    Alex Smith QB 6-4, 210 Utah JR
    Odell Thurman LB 6-1, 240 Georgia JR
    Adam 'Pac Man' Jones CB 5-11, 185 West Virginia JR
    Jason Allen CB 6-0, 200 Tennessee JR
    Justin Miller CB 5-11, 200 Clemson JR
    Fabian Washington CB 5-10, 180 Nebraska JR
    Ciatrick Fason RB 6-1, 215 Florida JR
    Vernand Morency RB 5-10, 215 Oklahoma State JR
    Shawne Merriman LB 6-4, 260 Maryland JR
    Chris Henry WR 6-5, 210 West Virginia JR
    Troy Williamson WR 6-1, 200 South Carolina JR
    Eric Shelton RB 6-2, 250 Louisville JR
    Roscoe Parrish WR 5-9, 175 Miami JR
    Ryan Moats RB 5-9, 205 Louisiana Tech JR
    Rian Wallace LB 6-3, 245 Temple JR
    T.A. McLendon RB 5-11, 225 North Carolina State JR
    Maurice Clarett RB 5-10, 215 Ohio State Soph
    Jovan Haye DE 6-3, 280 Vanderbilt JR
    Larry Brackins WR 6-5, 220 Pearl River CC Soph
    Matt Tant FB 5-11, 240 Vanderbilt JR
    Peter Sands FS 6-2, 215 Central Florida JR
  8. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Frank Gore came out today.

There are so many great Day 2 runningbacks in this draft.
  9. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,513 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Didn't Ahmad Brooks declare also? Heath Miller declared too.

And Jean-Gilles is deciding on which Agent to hire.
  10. tiller77

tiller77 New Member

127 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Right now Heath Miller and Ahmad Brooks haven't declared for the draft yet
  11. Midswat

Midswat Benched

2,508 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I haven't heard anything on Brooks . . .

I doubt he did.
  12. Bobo

Bobo New Member

911 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like that Jason Allen can play either FS or CB. I'd rather him play FS. He plays hard and is a very sure tackler. I won't be suprised if he runs a 4.3. Not a whole lot of experience, so maybe that hurts him? Round 3 sounds most likely to me, but maybe we'd get lucky to have him drop to 4.
  13. jlust22

jlust22 Member

523 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    To add another name to the list, Ernest Shazor, the junior safety from Michigan has announced he will be entering the draft. Here is the article from the Detroit News where he confirms he is going pro:

U-M's Shazor to declare for NFL draft

Standout safety will pass on last season of eligibility and has signed with an agent

By Angelique S. Chengelis / The Detroit News

ANN ARBOR -- Michigan now will be without two All-American defensive backs in the fall.

Safety Ernest Shazor, one of three finalists for the Jim Thorpe Award given to the nation's top defensive back, and the Wolverines' leading tackler, will forgo his final season of eligibility.

All-American cornerback Marlin Jackson has exhausted his eligibility and also departs the Wolverines, the co-Big Ten champions who were 9-3 and No. 14 in the final 2004 poll.

"I've decided to leave," Shazor said Saturday. "I thought hard about it, and it was just the best decision for me."

Shazor, a 6-foot-4, 229-pounder from Detroit, has signed with an agent but declined to reveal the agent's name. Shazor said he will formally declare for April's NFL draft on Monday. Juniors have until Saturday to do so.

He said NFL insiders have told him he is projected a late first-, early second-round selection. Shazor, who could play strong or free safety at the next level, plans to work out in Phoenix to prepare for next month's NFL combine in Indianapolis.

Shazor said he examined what he did during the 2004 season and realized there was not much more he could achieve at the college level. He led Michigan with 84 tackles, including 10 for loss; had two interceptions and two forced fumbles and was voted All-Big Ten first team.

"If I had played receiver, I could have come back for another year and added to my statistics," Shazor said, referencing teammate Braylon Edwards, who returned for his final season, set U-M career receiving records and won the Biletnikoff Award as the nation's top receiver.

"But as a safety, 84 tackles, a finalist for the Thorpe, you can't do anything better. The only thing I wish I could have won was the Rose Bowl."

Michigan fell, 38-37, to Texas on Jan. 1 in the Rose Bowl. Shazor said he got a piece of Dusty Mangum's winning 37-yard field goal as time expired.

"I just didn't get enough of it," Shazor said.

Much has been expected of Shazor since he was The News' No. 1 Blue Chip player out of Detroit Martin Luther King after his final high school season in 2000. He redshirted his first year with the Wolverines.

"It's just a dream come true, basically," Shazor said. "I've gone from playing Friday nights, to Saturdays to playing on Sundays. Some people can't say they live their dreams, and I am lucky to do that. I just want to go out and showcase my talents on Sundays."

Shazor said he recently met with Coach Lloyd Carr to discuss his decision to leave.

"We're friends," Shazor said of his relationship with Carr. "I told him what I decided to do, he told me what he thought, and I'm leaving as friends."

It was important, Shazor said, to take advantage of an opportunity to help his family financially.

"We're not in a situation to be wealthy or rich," Shazor said. "We're just middle-class people, and I want to be a blessing for my family."

He leaves Michigan 25 credits shy of his degree in general studies from the College of Literature, Science and Arts.

"For sure I'm going to come back and finish," he said.

With Shazor's departure, Michigan now has two huge vacancies in the secondary, along with Jackson, a two-time All-American who returned in 2004 for his senior season. Sophomore-to-be Jamar Adams could step in for Shazor, and Grant Mason, who will be a senior, could replace Jackson
  14. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brooks and the other talented UVA OLB Blackstock are leaning towards staying in school according to most reports

David
  15. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,688 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    Yes, he declared.
    A lot of these guys haven't hired agents and can pull out but I do not expect Crowder to do that.
  16. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,688 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    Added Washington, Spencer, Savoy.
    PM me if any are missing.
  17. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,513 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Josh Bullocks and Darryl Blackstock need to be on this list (blackstock officially declared, right?).
  18. Gatorgirl

Gatorgirl New Member

138 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What I heard is that he got the paperwork back from the NFL and wasn't going to open it/make a decision until after the bowl game. He found out that he will go somewhere between the first and third rounds (his quote in a Gainesville Sun article), and declared.
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,688 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    Got em added.
  20. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,688 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    Added Justin Tuck.