1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DEF Coord Rob Ryan

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CrazyCowboy, Nov 26, 2012.

1. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Hey Rob,

Every week it is something humorous with you.

Speed thing up for RG-III, confuse him, that is what we do etc.....and we will win the game yada yada.....poo poo

Ok, I used to listen to you Rob and drink the cool aide but, from here on out I have moved to Missouri......SHOW ME SOMETHING ROB!

You are a loud mouth idiot!

Am I the only Zoner who believed this clown!

Disguested and hurt--#1 Cowboy fan! :starspin
  2. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Confusion has set in.
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,864 Messages
    2,342 Likes Received
    have to say that i was on board with RR coming here (though with sme trepidation)

however, if oyu look at his past record, he has never fielded a dominant top of the line defense anywhere

he is playing out to form

what we need is to bring in a real HC with some power and get rid of our current HC/OC and DC and let the new HC make decisions on who he wants
  4. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,653 Messages
    1,011 Likes Received
    Stop getting so caught up, in what people say. Talk is just talk. It made no difference on the outcome

:rolleyes:
  5. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,113 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I might give him another year to prove something--I'd also give him some decent safeties and a few less injuries
  6. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,321 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    If you give Garrett another year, might as well give Ryan another one as well. But if you fire Garrett, the new HC needs to get his own DC and it should be totally up to him who he gets.
  7. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Jerry needs to give him another year and a stud d-lineman who can pressure the pocket every, I mean every, play. He also needs to give him a playmaking safety who can actually cover. If he still fails to produce a dominant defense then he needs to be fired.
  8. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,002 Messages
    4,533 Likes Received
    I'm disappointed with the defense but injuries have killed what could have been a pretty good D.

We never had better than average safeties although you can argue Church may become that. Sensi could also get better with a better partner although I wouldn't look for much improvement if at all.

Claiborne is a rookie and although he's played well he's still a rookie. Carr to me has been a little disappointing. He's not quick and fast enough for me. JMO. Jenkins has not played enough for me to comment more. Scandrick is average. That's not great play although its not bad.

Losing Lee hurt now add Carter to the list.

Losing Coleman hurt which tells you something about the state of the DL. Spencer missed time and that hurt.

So Ryan gets an incomplete from me. I have no way to really judge as a fan and that's precarious enough. I'm not sure anyone on this forum understands his defense well enough to judge.

We can judge the results and they're average with the caveat he hasn't had a good hand to play for awhile.
  9. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't care for most of our coaches but we don't have much if any talent on the trenches. The game is won up front, we get little production on either side of the ball. Our coaches aren't prepared or capable of taking average talent and coaching them up. We relay on weak willed over rated players or no talent scrubs to fill gaping holes. We are screwed from the top down.
  10. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    He' a Fraud IMO we face rookie QB and rush 3 and drop 8 in coverage

Where is the pressure Rob!!
  11. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,820 Messages
    708 Likes Received
    Just a couple of games ago, some were thinking Rob Ryan would get a HC gig somewhere next year. How quickly one's fortune changes in the NFL.

Ryan's biggest failure to date has been that his defense with Carr and Claiborne at CB have yielded two (?) INTs so far. Pitiful.

His second biggest failure has been that his defense is absolutely horrible at blitzing.

Not much a team can do when you can't blitz and you can't cover WRs too well.
  12. PhillyCowboysFan

PhillyCowboysFan Member

838 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    And with those eight in coverage, we got picked apart by those rookies!:bang2:
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,941 Messages
    7,690 Likes Received
    I hate Rob Ryan, and want him gone from Dallas, but even I can't fairly blame him for the drop off on defense. He's missing a lot of important pieces, and we're starting players off the street at ILB and S. He's lost pretty much the entire guts of his defense, and the players are still playing hard for him.
  14. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    How many more resources should it take to make him sucessfull? I read the post that say he needs safeties and DL and wonder if he is the type of coach that has to have top-tier talent to field a good defense. If he can't make do with the resources that he has now, it is time to move on. At some point, he should be able to have a quality defense without using the first and second round picks and signing a fifty million dollar man. Most defensive co don't need all of this to flop like Ryan has in certain situations.
  15. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    I am not blaming him for the Defense per se....it is his bragging on his Defense (he should be aware of the injuries) but does that slow his bragging down any?

I just do not understand the bragging about what his defense is going to do and then we do not do it.
  16. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,711 Messages
    1,930 Likes Received
    I laughed at people who were propping this guy up because he spoke his mind, yet there were players who did the same thing (YET) they were villain's. I guess it's based on the neighborhood you come from whether your loud mouth is accepted or not.

To me, show me something first, then I will like you.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,941 Messages
    7,690 Likes Received
    Oh. I agree, it's silly. Everybody is the best whatever ever, and we all want to see the Cowboys win, and they will win. Only they don't.

At some point, you have little credibility, and the defense still needs work. That said, how many players have we signed off the streets only to watch them get game snaps a week or two later? It's been pretty brutal on him this year.
  18. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,826 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    I want Ryan gone, I have never been impressed with him. I bought into him for a short time when first hired. The hype of him needing talented players.

Well I was not impressed with game one 2 years ago, and even less now. Even without injured players, I don't think he was all that great. I don't care how much he spouts off, as the results on the field has not been very good.

When the defense needs a stop, they can't get them on a consistent basis.

time for a change. again....
  19. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,539 Messages
    1,222 Likes Received
    All in all, I can't begin to worry aboutt he defense when the offense is so pathetic.

The defense has played pretty well considering the loss of both ILBs, a starting safety amd DL man...not to mention not having Ratliff for a while and missing Spencer and Lissemore for a bit.

THis offense cannot score unless it scraps input from Garrett