1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Deion Sanders Claims Garrett Expects a Super Bowl Win in 2011

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Hostile, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    This video from NFL.com is courtesy of dcf.

[youtube]7QudRwG0alY[/youtube]
  2. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,230 Messages
    402 Likes Received
    I mean before the season starts doesn't 90% of the coaches int he NFL expect that. I mean yeah you will have your Clevelands, Oaklands, Cincy's, and Carolinas but for the most part every team thinks thaey have shot when the all the bullets are still int he gun.
  3. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Its the Standard that should be set....

Like Sanders said.....Garrett expects it.....Fans expect it.....the owner expects it....

Super Bowl or Bust.

I was told I shouldnt expect that....I called it a disappointment if we didnt.

Always set the standard for the Super Bowl.....not a lousy playoff win....not 2 lousy playoff wins....

Thrive to be the best :)
  4. dueyhemlock

dueyhemlock Hog Hunter

998 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Deon talking about the Jets D:

"They're bumping and running coming off the bus" :laugh2: Funny but he's still an idiot.

I like this. If Austin and Dez are at full go, their atheleticism is going to eat up bump N run / man coverage. The WR always has the advantange due to he knows where he is going. Add in top quality WR and that WR is going to get his.

Bring it T-Rex!
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    He also said last year that Jason Garrett would not be coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

He Guaranteed it.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,417 Messages
    3,745 Likes Received
    Thing with Garrett he will not buy into the any hype or expectations thrown his way. His message is a steady one of "being your best today" In my view this is the only thing this team needs to understand. Take care of your business today and the future will take care of itself.
  7. jcblanco22

jcblanco22 Active Member

1,334 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You echoed my thoughts Doomsday, I was thinking that Garrett "expecting" a victory in a game that's 5 months away is the antithesis of what he preaches. If he means to say he subconsciously expects it because he believes that honing in on being your best each day will eventually result in being the best in the league, then he's right, but I have a feeling that's not the context Sanders meant it in.
  8. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

998 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    THe strategy is to win the Superbowl. The tactics are one game at a time. Strategy and tactics, simple.
  9. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,745 Likes Received
    I would say that is the ultimate goal but foolish to think about in Aug.
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,902 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    Deion was talking and someone was actually listening? That's not a very smart thing to do.
  11. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

998 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    You develop the strategy first, then apply the tactics.
  12. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,745 Likes Received
    I just don't think you put much focus in a game played in Feb. Last season guys were talking SB when they should have been focusing on the redskins in week 1. Guys have to learn you got to go out and earn it every day and the rest takes care of itself.
  13. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

998 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Yeah, I agree. But you have keep in mind where each step is taking you. Garret wants his team to know that the expectations are the Superbowl. He will keep them focused daily on how to get there.
  14. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,745 Likes Received
    I don't think SB talk is even being discussed at Valley Ranch. One thing I have seen with the Pats they don't talk about it. Everyone on every team knows what the ultimate goal is.

Hard to mention SB and then talk about a sense of entitlement mindset that needs to be removed. For so long many Cowboys fans have hollered SB or Bust in my view that is non sense
  15. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,713 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    You got it.

The teams in the past were susceptible to media hype to the point, call me paranoid, that the media used it as a tool to intentionally distract us.

We constantly got super bowl contender coverage even when we didn't have a snowball chance in hell to win.

I don't have a clue about what will transpire this season in terms of Ws and Ls but I am pretty confident that we will be more disciplined and play harder because of Red's one day at a time approach.
  16. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,080 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    If Garret doesn't expect a SB he has no business coaching
  17. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,745 Likes Received
    Jimmy would not even use the S word until we won it. Everyone who plays in the NFL knows what the ultimate goal is how you get there is not by day dreaming about it. You get there by taking care of business now and trying to improve as a team every day.
  18. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,839 Messages
    2,325 Likes Received
    this, i have no problem with JG expecting to win a SB
    in fact that is what he should expect
    i just want the team to prepare accordingly and JG strikes me as the kind of coach that will make sure of that
  19. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,564 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Think Rivera is expecting a SB in 2011? I don't.