1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Photo: Deleted Dez tweet suggests Calvin Watkins is no longer on his friend list

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 27, 2014.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,082 Messages
    5,598 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Another media guy caught it, but it seems Dez wasn't too happy with Calvin Watkins about the Dez rules story. The tweet has since been deleted.
    fatboygixxer, guag and casmith07 like this.
  2. WoodysGirl

66,082 Messages
    5,598 Likes Received
    TheCount, Nirvana and OhSnap like this.
  3. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,723 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Another example of the media running with anything to make Dez look like a bad guy.

The Dez rules came out, and I remembered hearing later that day that they were not real or credible. Obviously the shape up or ship out message was, but not the rules that were reported.

But Dez was reportedly upset about the rules then, because they implied that he was a heavy drinker / strip club-goer.
  4. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,257 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    Seriously..............raise the bar people.
    Nirvana, Idgit and Risen Star like this.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,133 Messages
    4,330 Likes Received
    Overblown story because it involved a Cowboys player.
    CowboyMike, guag, casmith07 and 3 others like this.
  6. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,661 Messages
    1,728 Likes Received
    "Don't bring your **** by my locker" ... Lol, gotta love some Dez, especially when he's riled up.
    CowboyMike, Wheeltax, guag and 3 others like this.
  7. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,783 Messages
    5,195 Likes Received
    Knowing Dez's kind hearted nature, he'll probably forgive him within a few weeks. Not sure why this is being brought up again. I see Dez out at night a lot. He's very visible on the scene.
  8. mugsybows

mugsybows Active Member

289 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    CLASSIC Calvin Watkins.
    egn22 likes this.
  9. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,267 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    How does the friends thing work exactly? Must you accept someone's request to be your friend before they be called your friend? Or can you simply associate yourself as a friend to another's twitter account with or without that person's permission?

I'm not sure why an athlete, professional or amateur, would befriend someone in the media. Even the most ethical journalist, who are a dying breed nowadays, may write or broadcast something unflatteringly about an athlete. Unless the criticism is helpful in nature, that's not something you would want a friend to do. Real friends care about you. The media? Maybe not so much.

Alas, the definition of friend has been warped by 21st century social communication. One may as well befriend someone else simply for the attention that person shows you.
  10. WoodysGirl

66,082 Messages
    5,598 Likes Received
    It was a joke, DE. Apparently a bad one. lol
    guag likes this.
  11. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,102 Messages
    1,128 Likes Received
    I love it.

Watkins once again shown that he is a liar and has zero credibility as a journalist. This goes right in line with the 'Cowboys plane being late because players were late to arrive' story by Watkins which was completely debunked.

I have this belief that at one time constantly getting your information wrong as a reporter would have been grounds for dismissal. Maybe I'm just dreaming.

YR
  12. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,337 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    Breaking news: Calvin Watkins is a comically terrible journalist.

When I'm reading through the Cowboys page at ESPN Dallas and come across an article chockful of embarrassing spelling/grammar errors, I already know it's Calvin.

The actual content in his articles is laughable as well. The guy simply doesn't know football and has no business doing what he does for a living.
    egn22 and Gameover like this.
  13. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,267 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    Whoops! Got it. :oops:
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  14. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    I posted earlier this week I wasn't convinced he needed those rules. Toot Toot
  15. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,329 Messages
    832 Likes Received
    Haha, Nice Dez
    casmith07, egn22 and da_whiz_kid like this.
  16. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,160 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    Watkins should care more about his own credibility.
    DandyDon1722 likes this.
  17. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

866 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    I like it for the Mya pic.
    Frozen700 and egn22 like this.
  18. egn22

egn22 Active Member

839 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    lol me too
  19. cej757

cej757 Active Member

376 Messages
    245 Likes Received
    This is why Jay Ratliff chased Calvin Watkins around the Cowboys lockeroom a few years ago. He's got into it with so many players. Remember when he told Wade Phillips he could do a better job coaching the team and he could probably get them a Playoff win before Wade could. Wade just gave him a long stare down. Calvin then went back and apologized to Wade.
  20. cej757

cej757 Active Member

376 Messages
    245 Likes Received
    I remember seeing Mya in Dc/Maryland back in like 1996. She was doing something for Teen Summit back then . She was as skinny as a toothpick but she was a cutie pie. Probably was no more than 17 years old at the time.
    Frozen700 likes this.