1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DeMarco Murray: I love Cowboys' O-line

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboys2233, Aug 19, 2013.

1. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    OXNARD, Calif. – It is not a consensus opinion that offensive line ranks atop the list of Cowboys concerns.

Running back DeMarco Murray vehemently disagrees, believing the Cowboys have the blockers in place to help him put up big rushing numbers this season. The Cowboys set a franchise record for rushing futility last season, ranking 31st in the NFL in rushing offense, with Murray running for 663 yards (4.1 per carry) in 10 games.

“The sky’s the limit,” said Murray, who cited the linemen’s ability to move laterally as an asset he especially appreciated. “These guys are working hard. I’m very, very proud of the guys we’ve got, the five starters and the guys behind them.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4712703/demarco-murray-i-love-cowboys-o-line
  2. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,391 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    That's a smart thing for a player to say about his boys up front.

What it means beside the "I love my wife" affirmation....not much.
  3. Snauty

Snauty Active Member

281 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    I guess since Demarco would be a product of bad O-line play, then i guess we can take this as a bit of optimism. Her'es to hoping Demarco is correct.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,129 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received

yep. Can you imagine all the things Romo would LIKE to say about his O line the last couple of years?
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,156 Messages
    1,334 Likes Received

Yep. So far though this season.. Pretty good.
  6. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

1,892 Messages
    1,035 Likes Received
    I bet they wouldn't be anything like a "I love my wife" affirmation.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,014 Messages
    1,579 Likes Received
    I think the OL has been pretty good this pre season despite some injury. I guess the upside with these injuries is that is allowed guys like Leary to get a lot of reps then we he went down it gave Arkin whom I thought had a pretty good game this past weekend the extra reps as he played into the 2nd. I think there is still a lot or work ahead of these guys and hopefully all will be ready to go when we hit the reg season. All I can say is I do see a differance and it is positive.
  8. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

1,977 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    "I love the OL", (right) reminds me of a funny clip

Maybe he doesn't really love the OL... He's hoping if he says it, they might do better. Every little bit helps at this point.
    Doomsay likes this.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,974 Messages
    3,917 Likes Received
    In before 'yeah, but, what's he supposed to say?'

Oh, wait, nevermind.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,278 Messages
    2,836 Likes Received
    .........quietly moving up Murray on my fantasy football cheat sheet.......
  11. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,335 Messages
    2,736 Likes Received
    Wow. I just can't believe he said that. :eek:
  12. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,041 Messages
    1,159 Likes Received
    So what Demarco is saying is if we have problems rushing the ball it will be our RBs fault and not our bad o-line play?

[IMG]
  13. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

1,678 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    In a weird way, this kind of reminds me of the story of Carl Garrett.

Garrett was a running back with the New England Patriots who won the AFL Rookie of the Year Award in 1969 (sharing it with Greg Cook, beating out O.J. Simpson). Garrett was infamously traded for Duane Thomas (yes, that Duane Thomas) during training camp in 1971. The trade was ultimately voided when Thomas and Patriot coach John Mazur got into a heated argument over how Thomas should line up in the backfield.

Anyhoo, once Garrett was traded, he indicated to the press how happy he was to be going to a team with a great offensive line, as he had never run behind one before. Safe to say, it made for an awkward situation when the trade was voided, and he was returned to the Patriots.

Murray at least passed the intelligence test within the locker room.
    Idgit and pancakeman like this.
  14. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,450 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I love Murray the player and the person. He's going to have a monster season if this Oline can open some holes for him and he's not constantly dodging guys behind the LOS.
  15. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,271 Messages
    1,182 Likes Received
    hello bread, allow me to butter you
  16. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,603 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Praying this guy stays healthy. I hope he has success. Along with the rest of the team.
  17. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,615 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    Yeah, it would be closer to the Henny Youngman bit.