1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Demarco Murray is a difference maker

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Dec 9, 2012.

1. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,372 Messages
    757 Likes Received
    I still can't figure out how he converted that third down. Dude was falling down a good five or six yards short of converting. I realize it was only a third-down conversion, but it was one of the most athletic plays I've seen in some time.
  2. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,681 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Murray did have a tough game but when we needed plays to be made to get drives going or in the final drive to get critical first downs and run out the clock before the FG it was all Murray. That last drive was pretty much all about DM. We haven't had a bad that is that good in clutch situations since 22. We've had some good backs and some that did make big plays late in games. Specifically Marion Barber. But I don't think Barber was the home run threat DM can be.
  3. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,068 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    We've actually been one of the best short-yardage rushing teams this season, no matter who has run it (other than Tanner). Murray has converted 7 of 8 on third-and-2 or less, Felix has converted 4 of 5 and Dunbar has converted his only attempt. Tanner did not convert his only attempt. As a team, we're 12 out of 15 and had another conversion wiped out by a holding penalty.

Only three teams have been better on third-and-short this season.
  4. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,972 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    its clear that garrett trusts Murray and doesn't trust Jones. 21 carries shows the willingness to run, which forces the defense to respect it and opens up the passing game.
  5. Nexx

Nexx Well-Known Member

1,616 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    this is why its been so maddening when they throw on third an 1.
  6. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,104 Messages
    1,301 Likes Received
    Perhaps the threat of a pass on third-and-short helps the run in these situations.