1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DeMarcus Ware: ‘No big difference’ in switching to 4-3 defense; I’m doing the same thing

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 17, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,143 Messages
    6,927 Likes Received
    By Jon Machota
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    3:41 pm on July 16, 2013 | Permalink

Ware recently told USA Today’s Chris Strauss that he’s back to 100 percent.

That means Ware should be a full participant when training camp begins on Sunday.

When asked what the Cowboys’ biggest challenge will be entering the 2013 season, Ware pointed to consistency.

“[We need to] be able to week in and week out do the same thing,” Ware said. “Not having the ups and downs in certain games. You’re going to have some adversity but being consistent is one thing we’ve been harping on. On defense, getting more turnovers and giving [Tony] Romo back the ball as many times as we can because we know he can be effective with it.”

Perhaps the biggest adjustment going from Rob Ryan’s alignment to the system being implemented by Monte Kiffin is that Ware is moving from outside linebacker to a defensive end. Some think it will be a difficult transition. Ware says he doesn’t see it that way.

“I think people are overplaying it,” Ware recently told Yahoo.com’s Doug Farrar. “I mean, you’re going to have adjustments going from a 3-4 to a 4-3, but there aren’t as many moving parts with your linebackers, so it’s a little easier playing a 4-3. I’m still playing outside contain and rushing the passer, and now, I’m just putting my hand in the dirt. I mean, there’s really no big difference — there may be for some of the interior guys and the linebackers, but going from outside linebacker to defensive end, you’re doing the same thing.”

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...-to-4-3-defense-im-doing-the-same-thing.html/
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,140 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    He'll be even more dangerous in the 4-3 in my opinion....
  3. LifetimeBoysFan

LifetimeBoysFan Member

148 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree with the last post. Less drop back to play zone and more pin your ears back and sick em equals win for us all. It's what he does best. If he stays healthy I think he has one of his best years statistically speaking.