1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Demarcus Ware & Marcus Spears smiling on the sidelines at the end of the game...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,613 Messages
    3,506 Likes Received
    ...compare it with this video and you will see part of what Dallas is missing and has been missing for so long.

this core might hold all of the Cowboys records by the end of their careers, but they don't have a tenth of the passion of Michael Irvin and the triplets.

2. DMX690

DMX690 Member

574 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    The current core players of the cowboys, if you called them a bunch of losers they just smile and walk away. They just don't care, as long as they get paid. Win or lose it won't affect them one bit. They never will have the passion of the team of the 90's. Hence you see the results the past 6 years. Nothing will change until the core players are gone.
  3. GoCowboysGo

GoCowboysGo Active Member

942 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I think this is the biggest casualty of free agency (not that I don't support it). I maintain, I wish the NFL had one thing the NBA uses, that a team has the option to pay 10% more than any other team without it effecting the cap (or some similar provision), encouraging team building and camaraderie.

..or they just suck.
  4. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,218 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    Yes, you never know what you've got till it's gone.

Holmgren is a class act
  5. MagicMan

MagicMan Active Member

762 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    I agree, a loser's mentality has permeated this group the past decade...where even your best players will accept or get used to losing games. The younger guys see this and they get soaked in it too. Vicious cycle, and this is why some teams just fail to overcome it.

Lordy, ..:eek: .....we have become the inept Bucs, Lions, Bills, Bears, Saints and Falcons that the Boys used to regularly beat up on and run over them like a speed bump on their way to the playoffs.
  6. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Active Member

825 Messages
    229 Likes Received
    you would too if you just made 500K
  7. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,036 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    D. Ware can smile whenever he wants, the man is a once in a generation type of player. I can't imagine the havoc he'd have wreaked on those 90s teams.
  8. jbravo316

jbravo316 Benched

166 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not with his I don't care if we lose or not attitude. Great player with a OH WELL attitude. Jerry is to blame for the most part.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,155 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    Yep.. As long as guys like Demarcus Ware is here we're screwed lol
  10. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,036 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    I don't see him as being that way. The NFL collectively breeds that type of attitude now, but I don't think Ware is like that. I truly believe all he wants is to win a championship. He's just not going to show his frustration ala Charles Haley.
  11. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

938 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Going up against Larry Allen he wouldn't be smiling, he would be picking himself up off the ground 10 yards downfield.....
  12. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,036 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    But you'd have never seen it, since it woulda been in practice. All I'm saying is Ware is the type of player you can plug into any team, from pretty much any era, and he's going to be a perennial all-pro.

I will never understand the people that hate him. Ever.
  13. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,391 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Not true. Not close. Quite stupidly slandering our players.
  14. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,048 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    Thanks for the video, K.

I liked reliving the incident into Troy Aikman's determination. He wasn't afraid to call a guy out. Love it.

Glad I got a chance to live those Super Bowl wins. Sad that we didn't win four or five straight. If Jimmy hadn't left, I believe we would have done something that may never be duplicated, i.e., five championships in a row.

Oh well, at least we got three.
  15. tyke1doe

19,048 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    It's not that people hate him. I think fans are looking for leaders. But all players - even great players - aren't leaders. They do what they can, but they can't seem to inspire others like great leaders can.

Ray Lewis is a great player and a leader. DeMarcus Ware is a great player. Leader? I don't know.

Now someone may say, "He leads by example." Well, not everyone is going to follow one who "leads by example." Sometimes, you need a leader who sets the example but also demands accountability of you, a leader who forces you to get the most out of your talent - not his.

Having said that, I think we can have a frank discussion about Ware without it being perceived or interpreted as "Haterism." I think he's a great player. I just think something is missing. What it is, I don't know. But I know it when I see LT or Reggie White or Ray Lewis. I just don't see it in Ware. I may be wrong. But that's my perception.
  16. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,924 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    it's getting old for them too. they don't know how to fix it, nor does the coaching staff. blow it up and try again...
  17. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,036 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    Oh they do. It's the collective mentality of a losing team fanbase.

Ware sucks, Romo sucks, Witten sucks.

I've seen multiple threads throughout the years on this forum assuring me that DeMarcus Ware just doesn't have what it takes.

The reality is that these three guys are the the core of this team. What's above them is what's rotten. Ware has tried to be more of a vocal leader, he's said as much, but really, he leads by example - and that example is one of the greatest pass rushers in the history of the NFL. If that doesn't propagate leadership in and of itself, there is something fundamentally wrong with this football team.
  18. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,467 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    90% of modern players care only about money, the sooner you accept it the less dissapointed you will be. And not only in football, sports in general became too about the money and a business thing, forget about rivalries and such things.

Its sad to say, but thats the way it is.
  19. tyke1doe

19,048 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    I think if you put Witten, Ware and/or Romo on a team like the Steelers, Ravens or Broncos, they're in the Super Bowl.

I just don't know whether it's that Ware is who he is because of the Cowboys culture or what. But this place seems to take something out of players, even the great players.

I just see all these great players coming out of college start to become mistake prone and passionless when they get to the Cowboys.

Something has to change. But I fear we may be stuck in this cycle for quite some time. :(
  20. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,036 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    I hear ya, I definitely hear ya. There is a losing culture in Dallas/Arlington. And year after year of coming up short does take a toll.