1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Demarcus Ware Will Face Redskins

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboys2233, Dec 25, 2012.

1. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,419 Messages
    782 Likes Received
  2. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  3. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,663 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Good to hear, hopefully he can be effective.

Wish he was 100%, but that's the hand we have been dealt.

As long as we have our pass rushers and cover corners, at least we have a chance. Wish we had more to bring to the table, but again, thats the hand we have been dealt.
  4. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,419 Messages
    782 Likes Received
    "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -- Gandalf
  5. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,359 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Leggo D-Ware
  6. jbravo316

jbravo316 Benched

166 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He won't play the whole game anyway. Ryan wants the redskins to assume he will be a factor but he will not. Too many injuries have caught up to him. Ryan better get his backup plenty of practice cause he is gonna need it. Ware is out there playing on heart alone and not much else.
  7. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,575 Messages
    1,715 Likes Received
    Not sure that's a good thing if he's going to play like he has much of this season. Hopefully it's good motivation for the team though. I'd rather he rest for the chance we make the playoffs.
  8. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,923 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    Did you see how completely ineffective our pass rush was without him? I'd take Ware playing at 50% any day.
  9. SDCowboy85

15,575 Messages
    1,715 Likes Received
    We have absolutely zero pass rush with him currently. He might as well take a week off and rest.
  10. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,923 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    Not even remotely true, but go ahead and live in your dream world if you like... It is Christmas after all...
  11. SDCowboy85

15,575 Messages
    1,715 Likes Received
    Actually it is true. But whatever. Keep thinking zero sacks is good pressure by our pass rush.
  12. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

340 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I hate to put a foreign object in the punch bowl, but we are done. With or without Ware. Get ready for the draft.
  13. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

659 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    The downside is that playing RGIII, pass rush is essential to shutting down the pass. He throws a LOT of passes down the field and given enough time he's going to burn us deep. With Ware at 100% and our ILB's starting it wouldn't of been that difficult to contain him this game, but with Lee/Carter out and Ware hurt It's gonna come down to how well Murray can hold onto the ball. I think Carter is fast enough to nullify RGIII's run threat and with Ware healthy it causes him to dump the ball off, which is not part of his game. Hopefully our secondary plays well and takes away the deep ball. Oh yeah hopefully Dez breaks a few skulls also.
  14. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,946 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    Largely under the radar is Crawford who has been getting a good push up the middle the last few games. I watched one play where he pushed the guy blocking him back to the running back. The rest of the OL were pretty much in their original positions.
  15. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,923 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    We've had 34 sacks as a team with Ware on the field. 11.5 of those are his, despite playing hurt a significant amount of time. If you're asking if I'd rather see Butler start or Ware at 50-60%, then I'd go with Ware. Our pass rush looked even worse when he wasn't playing against NO.
  16. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,916 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    i tend to agree with you, but still hope that this will not be the case.
  17. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,622 Messages
    1,195 Likes Received
    I must have missed something in your post. :huh:

You're saying he should take a week off and rest. Does this mean you assume we're going to win without Ware, despite your statement that without him we have sero pass rush?

Please explain, if you don't mind.
  18. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,622 Messages
    1,195 Likes Received
    What movie does the quote "Hope's not a strategy" come from? :confused:
  19. Falcon554

Falcon554 Benched

1,187 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Ware just needs to shut it down for this season, the man cant play right now. He is out there with one arm. This might be the beginning of the end for him, his body is breaking down, might get another year or so but that's it. He is what 31? with all those games behind him. Another wasted great player. He will of played with 1 playoff win, what a discrace
  20. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No surprise no one wants to hear this, but the thought has merit. Tell me he wont likely play well against the skins and that a week off is likely to help him play well in a possible playoff game....and I'm on board.

I know this is really selfish, but I hope he takes every pain relief treatment availible (perhaps putting himself at greater risk) and goes on to play a good game.