1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

democratic presidential debate

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by zrinkill, Jan 21, 2008.

1. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,047 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    Clinton and Edwards are ganging up on Obama.

Funny stuff.
  2. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    They're all a disgrace. Mirror images of each other, trying to elevate themselves by exposing the different hues of dirt that have been swept under the rug.
  3. zrinkill

33,047 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    I will say this ..... although I do not agree with his positions. (of course Clinton and Edwards are worse)

Obama seems much less slimy ...... much much less ...... than either Edwards and especially Mrs. Bill.

He seems like a decent man.
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,339 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    only watched when over - he's playing hillary's game. i'd ignore the jabs and talk on my issues. he's spending too much time defending himself from idiocy and not enough on what he can and would do given the chance. he needs to have someone there go "that's a lie - check my website for details. now, here's my reply on the issues at hand..." and just not get into it with her.

like the voting thing. 100 votes was "present". out of what, 4000? that's 2.5%. less than 3 times out of 100 votes would he do that too but 2.5% is small. 100 is big. but he follows along to defend.

but yes, so far obama is the one who seems the most honest.
  5. WiPatfan

WiPatfan New Member

96 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obama gets the edge by actually, for really the first time, fighting back against the machine.

The Clintons have predicated their presidency on the fact that they are "vetted" to take on the Republicans. They can fight dirty; guess what, Obama can, too. O-Train threw the mud back in their face...priceless.

As well as Obama did to toughen his image, The REAL WINNER of the debate was (Scroll Down)
    ...John McCain. (Bet you thought I'd write Edwards -- he's toast, regardless of how well he did.) Democrats just fed the Republicans a boat-load of film for the general election. (Hell, Obama almost called them liars.) Right now, the polls have McCain beating both Obama and the Clintons...and that was before the debate. It also helps McCain that all three candidates conceded that John McCain is the toughest of the Republicans to beat.
  6. iceberg

28,339 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    i'm not sure anyone won. *if* the repubs do the internal bickering also, how can *EITHER* side promote bipartison promises when they can't even get along in their own party?

hillary was just horrible in that debate, abliet me only seeing 3 scenes of it. she was rude, interrupted people, flung manure w/o question or concern where it lands...some may call those admirable traits to get the job done. i call it a pretty crappy time we have before us if this is the best we can do.

at one time hutch and carter was the best we could also.
  7. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,275 Messages
    576 Likes Received
    the hillary hate is pretty rampant on this board. i still think she's going to win it all.
  8. zrinkill

33,047 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    You think its worse than the Bush hate?
  9. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    It's with a lot less actual reason.
    Bush has 7 years of crappy administration to garner his approval ratings.

Hillary has one failed insurance plan which is still being attempted by every politician in the country in one way or another.
  10. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    Obama came out attacking, initiated the negativity, and ended up getting digged by both Hillary and Edwards for it. He was a willing combatant in front of the hosting Black Caucus but still spelled out next to nothing in actual policy. The problem for Obama is simple. He just doesn't walk the talk. He has the speaking skills to win it all. But his clarity in policy resembles that of George W. Bush... i.e. we'll get everything done I want to get done and it will be good..... Hooey.

Obama has won one debate: Philadephia. Hillary has won every other Democratic debate... and even Aikman sucked in Philly:)

Obama is the more eloquent speaker but he is losing the likability edge he had. He is playing along as if he is hoping to buoy Hillary.

I was shocked Edwards seemed to hand the Repub nomination to McCain. Hillary has a larger lead than McCain in national polls ans she actually ha a current delegate lead unlike McCain. I guess he is willing to hand her the nomination as well. I noticed she soft-shoed on Edwards and now I bet he is looking like a big plum for her as VP. They spoke privately after the debate in the green room.

Obama got sucked in, played an ugly game and probably lost the election based on his willingness to depart from what had him winning votes at every speech. He listened to Karl Rove of all people and now he can wonder what would have been.
  11. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    Hoov, she IS going to win it all.
  12. iceberg

28,339 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    are you not the one who's said what a vast array of experience hillary has in politics and how to get things done? now suddenly she has just one failed plan people are still kicking around?

which is it?
  13. zrinkill

33,047 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    Hilary has 16 years of lying to the American people and over 16 years of shady dealings and underhanded methods.

The American people have no more reason to trust her than Bush.
  14. iceberg

28,339 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    disagree on some of this. hillary is NOT likeable. put that card away and please, burn it. we already know according to you hillary will do whatever it takes (lying included) to get what *she* wants.

i also think obama is FAR more likeable than hillary could ever hope to be. he's a much better speaker but his fault is he's letting hillary do her crap and he's chasing it around vs. just not playing her game.

but things like this are difficult to talk objectively about with someone who's known to support clinton regardless of the world around her.
  15. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    Who's arguing her record working for women's and children's rights? Whose saying anything she did failed except the health care initiative?

She does have a record, it's just a record no one has been able to attack.

Her votes in Congress are well documented and are uncontroversial. She is moderate through n through except with regards to women and children where she is clearly liberal.
  16. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    I did not say Hillary was likable. I said Obama is losing his likability lead. He is being nasty and peevish: exactly the knocks on Hillary.

But it's ok Hillary will be kind to Obama when she takes office.
  17. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Everyone calm down now. I have you all- err, I mean- everything under control.

[IMG]
  18. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,772 Likes Received
    I love how the Dems rip each other up. Face it the Dem party is a more splintered group than the Rep. Dems tend to be groups interested in their own agendas and this is one reason many in the Dem party are asking Bill Clinton to back off right now
  19. iceberg

28,339 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    hillary is never kind dude.
  20. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    lol. at least the democrats care. repubs can't find a candidate to stay awake long enough to run. mccain had no money and campaign staff quitting daily two months ago and now he is in the lead. the only candidate who seems to have tried this entire time has no shot because he is a mormon with too much prell in his hair. he'd have more success selling cars... like his dad did.