1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dennis Dixon

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by 5mics, Nov 21, 2007.

1. 5mics

5mics Next Year's Champions

1,827 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok, he has a torn ACL and will be out a year to rehab. Will he drop to the 3rd or 4th round area? IF so, should we take him w/ our 3rd or 4th rounder?

Personally, I would take him w/ our 3rd (should be the last pick in the round :D and definitely w/ our 4th) and here's why:
    1. He's a mobile QB who can create plays (ala Romo) w/ a quick, live arm.
    2. He was maturing/developing into a fine QB this year and would probably have been a 1st rounder before the injury.
    3. Would be a great developmental QB behind Romo (are we OK w/ Bartel as our developmental QB?)
    4. Could be a great bargain (getting a potential 1st rounder in the 3rd or 4th)
    5. After developing for 3-4 years, we could use him as trade bait when his contract expires. He would give us some insurance in case (God forbid) Romo goes down in that time span.
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    He's a little skinny to play qb don't you think?
  3. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,709 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    He would have been a 4th rounder if he hadn't been hurt. He'll be lucky if he's drafted at all.
  4. CPonder14

CPonder14 New Member

507 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would take him in the 6th round if he is still available. He has gone through natural progression, is a heck on an athlete, and this year prior to his knee injury was playing beautiful football.
  5. 5mics

1,827 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Currently listed at 6-4, 200, yup, he needs to put more meat on. I just think he's an up & comer who'll be a bargain in the mid-rounds because of the knee injury. I'd definitely take him in the 4th....
  6. 5mics

1,827 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's a little low imo. He was having abreakout year prior to the injury and could see him easily go in the 2nd if healthy. Someone's going to get a bargain in the mid-rounds if they take a shot at him...
  7. 5mics

1,827 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He'll take at least a couple years to develop as an NFL QB, but the talent is there. Worth a shot in the mid-rounds imo...
  8. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he's a fine NFL prospect

as a WR, RB or maybe a safety eventually

he is not an NFL QB...that type of offense is not conducive to being a quality NFL passer...his stats are skewed by a Nintendo offensive system

David