1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Derek Dooley WR Coach?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Tejano15, Jan 26, 2013.

1. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

1,983 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    I believe Robinson will be a consultant for the team.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,417 Messages
    6,466 Likes Received
    Dez didn't want to see Ray Sherman go.
  3. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    TN had two very good receivers in 2012 (Hunter and Patterson) but I don't know how much he had to do with them as HC.

I like the hire.
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,899 Messages
    3,960 Likes Received
    some quotes from volnation board...
  5. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

587 Messages
    53 Likes Received

I know we rarely receive an explanation but this one is puzzling. I'd really like one as I really liked Robinson. Can't find a reason.
  6. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

587 Messages
    53 Likes Received

hmm..interesting. The plot thickens!
  7. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,402 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    I'm worried about Dez. Im always worried about Dez, but now Im really worried about Dez. Can this Dooley guy keep Dez in check and make sure he is doing what he is supposed to be doing on the field or will Dez walk all over him?

Interesting hire. Definitely Garrett all the way.
  8. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,180 Messages
    797 Likes Received
    Is Cally really going to call Garrett's plays?

If so it will be the dumbest move to date.
  9. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,676 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    put me in the..... im not sure about Dooley crowd.
  10. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,470 Messages
    238 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Have to assume no one else would take the job.
  11. acheman

acheman Member

975 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Lifelong UT fan here: I liked Dooley as a man, but as a coach?= meh.
    Faude Raviz (spelling?) ripped Dooley a new one after he was fired here. Stated he was always playing the blame it on the other guy routine and basically quit on this team (see this past years Mizzou & Vandy games as evidence) hoping to be fired. My observation: the guy never had a response for what another team was doing, in terms of in-game adjustments. Post game sound-bites were redundently void of answers as well. Hope Garrett got some input from Witten and not just his own past working experience with Dooley.
  12. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,228 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Oh please do tell why you would assume that?
  13. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    The real question... will he bring the infamous orange pants?

[IMG]
  14. VThokie7

1,959 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    How much would Witten have to offer? Dooley wasn't at Tennessee when he was.
  15. alsmith

alsmith Member

296 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Roberson was there two years and some of the WR did not know their WR routes and assignments, COME ON MAN, Dez did not know until the end of this year his plays and right routes, and people call that a good WR coach, one of the coaches JOB is that the players know their assignments, too little too late, goodby Roberson... He wanted to be more of one of the boys and not a heads up coach, again Goodby..
  16. acheman

acheman Member

975 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yeah no alumni has any inside info on the goings on at the ol alma mater. :rolleyes:
    Besides Witten has his youth football camp here in East TN. every year, with both, recent UT grads and current UT players, and Dooley himself has made appearances so I'm sure Jason W. has no insight to offer.
  17. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Roberson?

:facepalm:
  18. VThokie7

1,959 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Considering Dooley was fired, the people Jason would get any insight or information from certainly don't seem to think much of him. And meeting him at a football camp doesn't really bring much to the table. While he may have heard a few things from the administration there, just don't see where Witten is going to have some great inside knowledge to share with Garrett that he would need to be checked.

And hey look I was able to reply without an eye roll. Perhaps you should read replies a little closer before choosing your tone considering it was a simple question.
  19. acheman

acheman Member

975 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    The point being: whether administration (who would not have a good take on Dooley) or through personal exposure to the man himself, or by talking with those who were directly under his authority (the players themselves
    ); Witten would have an infinite amount of better insight than you or I. Congrats on not using the eye roll, you still come off as degrading even without them. Must be a gift. I know who Witten played for, and how long he was gone before Dooley ever arrived. Just seemed you wanted to make an argumentative statement for the sake of being argumentative. No harm no foul. Have a good day.
  20. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,211 Messages
    3,171 Likes Received
    Have to trust Jason on this one as I know very little about him. Wasn't that well thought of at UT but he inherited a mess and Vol nation is rather fussy.