1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Derek Dooley WR Coach?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Tejano15, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,462 Messages
    6,029 Likes Received
    it's b/c he developed a reputation of being a soft wimpy pushover at tennessee. that worries me when it comes to dez.
  2. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,206 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    you have to wonder how much players respect a new hire coach that was one of the worst in the world at their previous job.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,751 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    IMO, he's following two of the very best WR coaches in the league. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was skeptical he can maintain that level of coaching.
  4. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,672 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    So Dez, who is one of the most physical receivers in the league, will be coached by Dooley to be a "soft, wimpy, pushover"? Wow, just wow!
  5. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...I'll lay it out there: Dooley is a wuss and was run OUT of Knoxville: he has no street cred, and street cred is big with most NFL players, including Dez
  6. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,496 Messages
    2,904 Likes Received
    LOL

I just got a text from some of my buddies at UT and they want to know if we are trying to tank the season.

Apparently UT folks think Dooley is a complete idiot and cant believe we hired him. Now I dont know the guy so I am just passing along info, but apparently there we some accusations about him throwing a game or something?

Sounds like Callahan............LOL, anyways I dont really believe all of this type of stuff and I really dont care. If he can teach the WRs where to line up, that will be an improvement.
  7. Risen Star

22,751 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    According to Broaddus' tweet a few seconds ago, Dooley is not yet the WR coach. He's just in the running.
  8. Risen Star

22,751 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
  9. Risen Star

22,751 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
  10. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    When we're finally finished putting together this well-oiled machine, I'll be anxious to see our super bowl odds in Vegas.:laugh2:

Actually this must be a brilliant plan to land the #1 pick in 2014. We'll have our franchise QB at last! Go Jerry
  11. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,689 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Do you think he got that job by being that type of position coach? Its different when you are the head coach. Some people just are not cut out for it but can still be good position coaches. There is no way Tenn hired him with a rep as a soft wimpy pushover so if that is true it was the result of being the head coach and not being up to the task. That doesn't mean he can't be a fine position coach. He was obviously good enough to get considered and hired as a head coach for an SEC team. Somewhere along the line, he must have been doing a good job. Consider this, Robinson has been a WR coach since 1984. In all that time he has never been promoted to an OC or hired as a HC. Maybe that was his choosing, I don't know. Now, certainly I would prefer for Robinson to remain but he is deciding to leave coaching for some reason so we have to move on. I'm willing to give a guy who worked his way up to head coach of an SEC team a chance as a lowly WR coach before I pronounce him a failure.
  12. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

......you'd think it's election season:makes me think Jerrah and CO. float these names out there to see how they sit with the fans and media and go from there.

My gosh, make a decision and move on. It's a RECEIVERS coach from crying out loud. Important for sure, but not like hiring a GENERAL MANAGER...NOW THAT WOULD BE MONUMENTAL HIRE WORTH WAITING FOR....yeah, I know just wishful thinking. :rolleyes:
  13. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,392 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    He is the new TE coach, not WR coach.
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,462 Messages
    6,029 Likes Received
    no you missed my point. i dont want a soft coach for dez b/c he still has work ethic issues off the field and concentration lapses on the field.
  15. ManicDepressiveMan

ManicDepressiveMan Member

753 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  16. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,255 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    :laugh2: at you guys on here. Pure comedy.
  17. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,462 Messages
    6,029 Likes Received
    Tenn AD Mike Hamilton was a complete failure. So his cosign to hire Dooley is pretty much worthless in this discussion.
  18. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,672 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I think the light came on for Dez, the last part of the season. I'm not worried about Dez.
  19. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,672 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    If anything else, Dooley does have the bloodlines going for him.
  20. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Good maybe he can talk Jerry into drafting Tyler Bray.