1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Derek Jeter

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by peplaw06, Sep 16, 2010.

1. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Probably everyone has heard. But he faked being hit by a pitch in a game against Tampa Bay on Wednesday night.

Discuss. Go.
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Just for that, he should be ban from entering the hall of fame! :laugh2:
  3. laythewood28

laythewood28 Active Member

1,575 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Part of the game, no big deal.
  4. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Cheating isn't "part of the game". It's a low class thing to do which is what really surprises me that Jeter did it. Now, I would fully expect it from A-Rod.
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,878 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    Cheating is part of baseball and always has been. Getting caught cheating is what is discouraged.
  6. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    No, cheating is NOT a part of baseball and it's completely asinine to say as much. Show me where in a book of rules it says cheating is part of the game. It's not and never has been. It's what loser do when they are having trouble competing.
  7. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  8. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,199 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    awsome job by Jeter, I was watching the game and was laughing my arse off. The umpire immediately told him to go to first.
    When would a batter say it didn't hit him? I guess if it was you're last at bat of the season and you were going for a record and no team issues could be caused by an out.
  9. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,199 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    the next time a fielder traps a fly ball and then holds his glove up like he caught it will you call them a loser, the next time a catcher pulls in a pitch out of the strike zone will you call them a loser?
  10. joseephuss

21,878 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    Book of Rules? Baseball has always cared more about the unwritten rules than the actual rulebook.
  11. joseephuss

21,878 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    Next time a second baseman doesn't actually touch the bag while turning a double play he will be a loser.
  12. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Yes. Anything else? :D
  13. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Yankee fan? :muttley:
  14. joseephuss

21,878 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    Nope. Not really a Jeter fan, either. I just don't think it is a big deal. It is something that many players have done in the past. I bet most players past and present think nothing of it.
  15. Number82

Number82 No Helmet; No Problem

593 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It's not like he did steroids.

He faked getting hit by a pitch. Thats like football lineman holding on most plays but it doesn't get called. Its done and not that big of a deal. If anything, its only a story because its Jeter and the man usually does no wrong. If it was Manny, people would say "Thats just Manny being Manny." I still haven't figured out what that means yet.
  16. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    I agree, it's not a big deal. I was just poking fun, but I still disagree. Cheating is not part of the game. It's just something people do that is of low character.
  17. Number82

Number82 No Helmet; No Problem

593 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I wouldn't agree with the low character part. Jeter is one of the most upstanding players in baseball. No 'roids, HGH, no forging of birth certificates. He's a winner that goes out and plays hard.
  18. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    I agree and noted in an earlier post my surprise that he would fake being hit.
  19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,186 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    Part of Baseball. Really, any sport. Is it right? It's not what we teach our youngsters but if you play any sport long enough, your going to hear this.

"If you're not cheating, your not trying hard enough."
  20. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think soccer haters will have the most problem with this. :laugh2: