1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Despite Yesterday's Big News...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hostile, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,429 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    They only had 27 INTS. Only 20 more then us.

Give Romo 27 INTS and it changes a lot! Of course we could use that Peanut guy as well!!! :D
  2. dillinger319

dillinger319 Striped Leopard Zone Supporter

827 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Im constantly checking my phone to see if there is any news but when the f5 comment made me rush to a computer.. I never knew it would refresh

Thanks for the lesson... lol
  3. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,037 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    It makes me feel better that I wasn't the only person constantly refreshing this site for updates all day
  4. hra8700

hra8700 Active Member

807 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Why would we hire lovie smith? We don't have the personnel to run a tampa 2...both our corners are better at man (sure, they both can press, but neither can stop the run as well as they'd need to), and we don't have a ilb who can cover a deep middle zone. We also don't have safeties that can cover deep halves.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,103 Messages
    3,110 Likes Received
    Hey, glad I could be the guy to share useful stuff for a change.
  6. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,603 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Hard to imagine we'd fire Ryan without a plan.

But honestly, I just don't see how Lovie isn't in the mix at HC for all of those openings. He went 10-6 last year. Every team he lost to is in the playoffs. Smith wasn't the one who acquired Cutler (he was against it).

I think we'll being seeing Lovie as the next Eagles HC.
  7. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,103 Messages
    3,110 Likes Received
    My money is on Mike McCoy there.
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,704 Messages
    5,859 Likes Received
    Yes, it is an obsession for me. You might see me on the show Intervention soon.
  9. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,594 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Well, Hos, I was hoping you or SDog had some info for us. I know you would pass it on if you did. I was thinking maybe Garret is waiting for GB to get knocked out of the playoffs so he can go after Capers who contract is up I believe this year. I've read where they have mutual admiration for each other.
  10. cheftjpeck

cheftjpeck Active Member

347 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
    I am off today and actually took the wifey out for lunch peeking at my phone every 2 minutes waiting for something.... Anything...
    C'mon Hos I'm relying on you to give us the inside info
  11. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I would love it if Lovie chose being the DC in Dallas over being the HC in philly
  12. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

4,065 Messages
    664 Likes Received
    It's so hard to stay away, I need my fix.

It's usually better for me to just stay away for a couple of days and then I get about a page of new info to go over.
  13. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    All part of the process my friend:) ( I couldn't resist)
  14. egn22

egn22 Well-Known Member

878 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    add me to the list of refreshers today. just waiting for a twitter rumor. i don't even need the actual signing to take place, just give me some hope.
    I'd be elated if it were Lovie, but i can't see him passing up the Philly job which they'd be crazy not to offer him.
  15. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I hope Lovie has more common sense than to get involved in this mess that is known as the Dallas Cowboys.
  16. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,114 Messages
    1,885 Likes Received
    My fear is that Lovie will avoid Dallas for exactly this reason.... craziness above him if he is the DC -- and the owner deciding which defensive assistants are good enough / bad enough to keep or fire.
  17. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,040 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received

Based on the way it played out yesterday, I actually figured that there was a guy in the Cowboys hip pocket; When I sat down to get online this AM, I fully expected to read an announcement of the new def. coord. Or, worst case scenario, I expected to read who was spotted in town and is likely to take over.

I'm not saying that they are dragging their feet or doing anything wrong, just saying that I misinterpreted the circumstances from yesterday.
  18. rat2k8

rat2k8 Well-Known Member

795 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Betcha Jerry has already hired a DC.:D
  19. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    [IMG]

I'm sure this guy could get it done if needed. Or the guy sitting next to him.
  20. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,795 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Yeah just keep refreshing my page and rotoworld app