1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Devin Hester

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CowboyChris, Apr 22, 2006.

1. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

4,781 Messages
    1,597 Likes Received
    first of all...i didnt know he was entering the draft, but i remember him at the U, this kid is a burner, great returner...i forget did he play both WR and CB, whats the deal with him? i thought he would be a high pick in the draft.
  2. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,928 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    He doesn't have a set position for the NFL, but has the speed, hands and ability to grade as a first day pick. 3rd or 4th round guy probably.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's electric when healthy, I think the Cowboys could look to take him in the 3rd or 4th round.
  4. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,928 Messages
    296 Likes Received
    He would fill a need for a return game, no doubt. I see BP looking for a returner a bit later though, say rounds 6 or 7.
  5. DallasKen

DallasKen New Member

217 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He has no position other than returner. And he probably never will.
  6. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,299 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    He has speed but that's about it. Some team may take a gamble on him, but I seriously doubt he'll even sniff day 1.
  7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

35,170 Messages
    10,755 Likes Received
    He doesn't really have much of a set position but if the guy has the Rock in his hand he makes plays.

There is always a spot open for playmakers with that kind of speed and if guys like Randle El can make it then someone with his abilities has a chance as well.
  8. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    no thanks...
    you can get a cheaper version in Skyler Green probably a round or two later....
  9. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    he wasnt hurt when he was benched last yr for fumbling return after return

10. DCowboyz

DCowboyz Active Member

184 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    I wouldn't mind getting this kid.. I'm in Miami.. So I pretty much saw this guy play every week. His speed & agility are amazing. He should of stayed his senior year tho.. He does need some improvement in catching & reading routes. He will be good one day.. They were comparing him to Deion Sanders. At a college level..
  11. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,624 Messages
    1,333 Likes Received
    Maybe with his ability to make plays/speed....but not with his coverage ability.

If we were to take him, it better be on day two. Anything before is a reach IMO. Esp. for someone without a position.
  12. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What's the fascination with guys that can't play football?

He can't play any position and wasn't even a top ten returner in the country last year.

Wasted pick for whomever takes him if he does get drafted.